PDA

View Full Version : So....

DisruptiveSpirit
05-17-2007, 04:58 PM
No one has anything to say/add in this section? Or are you afraid to post? :lol:

killene
05-17-2007, 05:15 PM
No one has anything to say/add in this section? Or are you afraid to post? :lol:

Your friendly invite Scared them Off :wink: :lol: :lol:

seebert
05-17-2007, 05:16 PM
I think we're waiting for something *serious* to complain about. The first thread in this topic was a major one, I don't think anybody has any other similar complaints about the show.

Editing and unsafe trebuchets are just about IT. Nobody seems to have any other complaints.

DisruptiveSpirit
05-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, I'm asking this of anyone. Even the regulars here.

DisruptiveSpirit
05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I agree Seebert. I would add something but nothing really "sets me off", so to speak, about the show. Ya know? I mean, we could debate things in here too but what?

Riggs
05-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I think that we love this family tooo much that we do not want to criticize them as much!

seebert
05-17-2007, 05:22 PM
I don't mind the editing- otherwise TLC would end up "all roloffs and nothing else" and I'll NEVER get my Junkyard Wars back.

Hey- now that would be a neat topic for a show. Me and my brother vs Matt & Steve, with all of our kids, at a Hillsboro auto wrecking yard with the judges from Junkyard Wars.

DisruptiveSpirit
05-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Yeah. I guess we just don't get as "shocked" by the family and their behavior as some viewers do.

As I said last night in another thread, nothing they have done or said has shocked or suprised me yet.

DisruptiveSpirit
05-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I used to love Junkyard Wars!

Riggs
05-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Alot of shows have gone bye bye cause of ratings. I know that they took that ole Rescue 911 off a long time ago.

killene
05-17-2007, 05:43 PM
I used to love Junkyard Wars!

Oh such sweet memories, My grandson and I used to watch the marathons together

jeanne230
05-17-2007, 07:37 PM
My only complaint is that the show should be 2 hours long instead of a half hour but that is simple greediness on my part. I don't expect TLC or the Roloffs to agree to that. But all that film they don't use I wish we could see some of it.

mattlover87
05-17-2007, 10:31 PM

They're all too busy ranting about it on the TLC and IMDb forums :lol:
They wouldn't dare post here 8)

eweandme
05-18-2007, 04:48 AM

They're all too busy ranting about it on the TLC and IMDb forums :lol:
They wouldn't dare post here 8)

I agree with you mattlover. I think those who post here REALLY do love the show, not just say they love it and then complain about every detail.
But sometimes I wish they would post here, I'm just curious to how they would receive what we have to say.

killene
05-18-2007, 05:17 AM
I think this is really funny...we all posting complaints as to why people arent posting under "what you dont like"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs.Sawyer
05-18-2007, 06:34 AM
I have a complaint :evil:

TLC keeps showing the LOST episodes, but I have yet to see my husband on the farm! No Jack, no Kate, no Sayid, Hurley, Jin, Sun, Charlie, Clare or even Locke!

WHAT UP TLC? :?

:wink: :lol: :wink:

Reaganfan
05-18-2007, 10:38 AM
I have no complain about the show. Because it's real people and it's real life. Now if it was pretand like Smallville or Star Trek, I may complain about those show, because it's not a real shows. So I don't think you'll ever find me post at this topic again.:)

seebert
05-18-2007, 11:52 AM
On Junkyard Wars- I'm not surprised to find there's an overlap in the fan base. Let's face facts- Matt & Mike's Roloff Team would be a challenge for anybody.

My brother and I work together in a similar fashion. Which is why I'd love to go up against them....

jeanne230
05-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh Mrs. Sawyer I think that you have the wrong Lost. James is not here. He is over on ABC not on TLC. I know you keep hoping to see him but the Roloffs and Sawyer just don't mix. :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

butterflykisses8
05-18-2007, 01:01 PM
If you want to complain about something or get something going. You should put the thread about the TLC board her and unlock it. Now that will get things going. TLC had locked me out of the board and all I wanted to do is see what was up over there.

Steelguy
05-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Ok DS, I guess I'll be the guinea pig here. :wink:

My worst complaint has always been the editing. I know you have to trim mega hours down to a few minutes, but it still urks me a little.

Especially when i saw the mole episode. How did that get cut in the first place? That's should've never ended up on the cutting room floor to begin with.

Anyways, there. That's my rant for this section of the board. That's about as negative as i get when it comes to this show.

DisruptiveSpirit
05-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Editing seems to be a big complaint of everyones. I guess they thought that footage wasn't interesting and/or didn't fit in anywhere else at the time. Who knows what they are thinking when they do what they do. But knowing first hand how editing goes, it's all done for a reason and totally under their control.

bballnumbers
05-18-2007, 07:44 PM
It is funny that we are talking about those posters who don't like the show, they need something to talk about and so do we.

butterflykisses8
05-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Why is it that we want something to go back and forth on. I would like something to that we can have to complain but not have it get to bad. Like on the TLC board. Right now I don't having any thing to complain about but I bet if someone had one started I would jump in and put my two cents in.

Wait I do have something but I don't know how I want to put it with out upsetting some one or making me sound like I need to go get help, of some kind.

Stay tune and I will have to get back to everyone when I know what words I want.

DisruptiveSpirit
05-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Nothing wrong with debating/discussing an issue. Not everything has to spiral out of control and end in an all out war of words.

:lol:

Mrs.Sawyer
05-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Nothing wrong with debating/discussing an issue. Not everything has to spiral out of control and end in an all out war of words.

:lol:

Frankly, it's a HECK of a lot more fun when it does! :lol:

There is a place for everything, so no shenanigans here :wink:

DisruptiveSpirit
05-20-2007, 10:56 AM
:lol: :lol:

butterflykisses8
05-21-2007, 05:35 AM
I didn't say there was did I. I think it is fun to debat and discuss an issue. I also think it is some what fun when it gets a little out of control. It's just we don't dare let it because we may not get it back in control.

butterflykisses8
05-21-2007, 05:44 AM
PS: I really don't have a problem. I just wanted to see what was going to be said.

jeanne230
05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Dang I was waiting for the problem to come up.
<-------see my little chickie looking for it.

killene
05-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Dang I was waiting for the problem to come up.
<-------see my little chickie looking for it.

So Chickie hasnt found any Roloffs or problems---- :)
Good Little Chickie :wink: :lol: :lol:

butterflykisses8
05-22-2007, 06:42 PM
We want your little chickie to keep on looking because he is so cute doing his little dance.

Ken
05-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Because it's real people and it's real life. .:)

That reminds me of a show from the late 70's eartly 80's!
It was called "Real People"

Mrs.Sawyer
05-24-2007, 08:40 PM

That was a great show, I hope TV Land shows a few someday 8)

Ken
05-24-2007, 08:47 PM

That was a great show, I hope TV Land shows a few someday 8)

Yeah as a teenager back then,.....I had one heck of a crush on Sarah Purcell :oops: She usually always did the more emotional segments with the handicaped etc. At times I've used many of tissues watching her segments on this show! Like you,...I do hope TV Land will bring it back someday. :D

cutefamily
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
LOL Ken from Real People?!! LOL harder!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs.Sawyer
05-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah as a teenager back then,.....I had one heck of a crush on Sarah Purcell :oops: She usually always did the more emotional segments with the handicaped etc. At times I've used many of tissues watching her segments on this show! Like you,...I do hope TV Land will bring it back someday. :D

Now I am reminded of Those Amazing Animals and That's Incredible! LOL!

cutefamily
05-24-2007, 09:46 PM

LOL that's right-- I forgot about those shows--before al that was when the Muppet Show came on in the evening. Sunday night I think? :lol: :lol:

Ken
05-24-2007, 09:46 PM

Oh Yeah,....Nothin like walk'n back down memory lane ehh?

moutaindigit
06-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I have been on the TLC boards & it seems to me that this George guy should go on there & post.... They are so nasty on there & he would fit in really well there.... If he is so unhappy w/ the show & the family, why doesn't he just turn off the show and not watch it... I haven't been on here for a couple of days, so today is the first time I have seen his posts.... WOW! It must be terrible to be so unhappy in your life!!!! :roll: I really enjoy the show & the family! I think that they are great and deal w/ the challenges that life has handed them w/ dignity & a wonderful spirit!!!!!

Mrs.Sawyer
06-03-2007, 10:01 AM
http://i15.tinypic.com/3za7sjt.gif Michelle!

killene
06-03-2007, 11:41 AM
I have been on the TLC boards & it seems to me that this George guy should go on there & post.... They are so nasty on there & he would fit in really well there.... If he is so unhappy w/ the show & the family, why doesn't he just turn off the show and not watch it... I haven't been on here for a couple of days, so today is the first time I have seen his posts.... WOW! It must be terrible to be so unhappy in your life!!!! :roll: I really enjoy the show & the family! I think that they are great and deal w/ the challenges that life has handed them w/ dignity & a wonderful spirit!!!!!

Great Idea.....And Welcome Mountaindigit

Gr8pApe
06-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Well I have a few thoughts.....I know...uh oh!

First the "George" thing. He is quite an interesting person. I sent him an email as he requested and he made a meager attempt attacking me. Then when I responded to his rant he sent a "fake" mail undeliverable email from "mailer deamon", 34 minutes later.I laughed as I responded and advised him that I had worked in the industry and caught on to his game. Then I sent him a small quip... see the bottom.

My conversation with the Village Idiot.

-----------------------
Hey

How are you? How are things?

You wanted me to email you, so here I am....LOL

Talk to you soon

L

--
On 6/1/07, GEORGE BOSTANY < gbostany@verizon.net> wrote:

What is your age and what do you do for a living? Thank you for emailing me Grape :)

George
--
my response

Why does any of that matter? If you emailed me for that information you are wasting your time. Most of that information is on the board. Why would you want to email me for that information?

L
--

On 6/1/07, GEORGE BOSTANY < gbostany@verizon.net > wrote:

OMG...THE REASON I WAS ASKING THIS OFYOU IS BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE I HAVE SEEN ON THIS BOARD, YOUR RESPONSE WAS THE BEST WRITTEN AND HAD A LOT OF WISDOM THROWN IN. I WAS JUST CURIOUS IS ALL. I WAS TRYING TO PAY YOU A COMPLIMENT.

YOU KNOW SOMETHING, I'M DONE. WITH YOU, WITH THIS BOARD. READ YOUR EMAIL TO ME GRAPE - HERE I AM COMING IN PEACE AND "BOOM" !!! IM TOO TIRED TO PURSUE THIS SILLINESS. I PRAY OUR PATHS NEVER CROSS. IF YOU FEEL IT NECESSARY, YOU MAY TELL THE BOARD -GEORGE HAS FINALLY CALLED IT QUITS. YOUR EMAIL TO ME - THE ABRUPTNESS OF IT, THE PARANOIA ,JUST TELLS ME THAT IVE WONDERED OUT OF BOUNDS.

GEORGE
--

I am sorry you feel that way. I am sorry that you feel as though you are being attacked. My words are written the way they are and read the way YOU read them.

Your request for me to email you usually means that there is something important you would like to say to me directly and not be shared with others. This obviously was not the case. My employment and age have nothing to do with our conversations or the board. This is the reason why we ALL choose to be anonymous on the various sites we visit, using screen names. If I or others CHOOSE to release that information, they will.

If you choose to leave to board because of simple words of expression expressed by myself and others, then maybe this is not the board for you. However, I would counsel that if you choose to stay, that you examine the language, content and verbiage of the conversation, before attaching ANY feelings or emotions. Leave them at your keyboard.

If you heeded to my counsel set forth in my signature on mattroloff.com like you said you did, then you may have been able to examine the situation as a whole.

Whatever you may choose to do, I wish you the best. I apologize that you are unable to find comfort in these forums and with the wonderful individuals who inhabit it.

Best of luck and please continue to write if you wish.

L
--

On 6/1/07, GEORGE BOSTANY <gbostany@verizon.net> wrote:

email returned as unread. Lock (my email address here)
--

Well at least I know you read it. Nice try. I have worked in the industry FAR to long and see right through your games. It took your server how long to "block me"? 30 min.

HA

Good luck in all you do my friend.

L
--(my favorite part)

GEORGE BOSTANY
to me

Thank you Matt Roloff...
--
(my quip)

Oh by the way it is "MAILER-DAEMON".
--

This was on the same night that I posted a response to him after his many apologies and thanks.

cutefamily
06-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Grape~ thanks for posting that idiot's email :roll: I knew he was a fake, phoney and up to no good person on this board. It is good he is long gone!

:roll: :roll:

OH, and so much for him turning over a new leaf! :evil:

Gr8pApe
06-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Editing........

This topic seems to surface more then others. I think that the biggest misconception is that in all of that extra footage, there has got to be more. Well assuming that they follow them around for 8-10 hours a day for 6-7 days a week, TLC may be able to get what they need. It is not like A&E's Dog The Bounty Hunter where his whole life consists of an ongoing battle against those who have jumped bail, have substance abuse problems all while incorporating religion into every aspect of the capture and release.

The Roloffs on the other hand are a family that own a respectable farm, where they hold many events relating to the season as well as corporate suits. Matt runs a successful business and farm while Amy tends to the stereotypical homemaker responsibilities; taking the kids to their various destinations, homework, chores, soccer and a variety of other things fill this womans life to the brim. However it is their uniqueness that allows each of us to become attached to Roloff's. Maybe we see something we want in our own lives, or maybe it is the "can do" attitude that we sometimes seek thus acknowledging that (speaking first person) "we don't have it so bad!" With the upcoming episodes surrounding Zach's surgery will bring in a lot of viewers. The reason? Curiosity of the outcome and that reason. How many times have you been in a hospital, walking down the various corridors to visit your friend, relative etc., peeked into a door that was ajar or wide open and wondered what happened to that person? I do. Some have a fear of the hospital so I guess this does not include you.
I just do not think that there is enough "substance" for an hour show let alone a two hour. I agree though I could and have watched them all day.

Sorry for the rant.

DisruptiveSpirit
06-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Can you say "issues?" Split personality? Paranoia? Schizophrenia? Seriously!!!!!!!!

I mean, you (Grape) were very polite and simply asked why he wanted such info and he writes back flying off the handle talking all LOUD and saying you were abrupt, paranoid, etc. LMAO! Hmmmmmm, seems to me it's the other way around.

And, that is how he's acted with EVERYONE ever since he signed up here. Fine one minutes, mad the next. Attacking others then switching it around saying it was others who did the attacking. Someone needs serious help. For real!

GrayC
06-03-2007, 04:54 PM
You Rock Gr8Ape!
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/gracieally/48qu06r_th.gif

Ken
06-03-2007, 04:57 PM
You Rock Gr8Ape!

You "ROCK" too Grayc!!!!!! Snoopy is my Idol!

Ahum,.......Sorry Matt! :wink:

Gr8pApe
06-03-2007, 04:57 PM
You Rock Gr8Ape!

Well thank you. He is just confused and unable to handle what he gives, especially from a board with vast intelligence. Hence the name I gave him.

GrayC
06-03-2007, 05:00 PM
You Rock Gr8Ape!

You "ROCK" too Grayc!!!!!! Snoopy is my Idol!

Ahum,.......Sorry Matt! :wink:

Thanks! Mine Too. http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/gracieally/oaayb9_th.gif

TNGIRL59
06-04-2007, 01:53 PM
I think the show is wonderful, I get a kick out of the kids, I had two younger brothers. big bro would wait til we sit down at the breakfast table and started to talk about the chicken embreos. Or when both of the boys would wait tell we got on the poarch swing with our boy friends and pop up and screamed at us or they would just agriavate us. Just because.
You know they still laugh about that , one is 43 and the other is 37.I was raised on a farm, we had alot to take care of, but we just played in our barns, horses and babies. They have the town,animal, farming equipment they got all the fun stuff, can I play :?: :?:

moutaindigit
06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the "Welcome" all.... I come here quite often, but don't always post... That guy just really upset me..... Thanks for getting rid of him.. (hopefully!!!) :lol: The people on TLC are usually about like him... I don't understand why they don't just turn off their tvs..? Enough about him & them! Again thanks!

KimRenee2
06-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi Michelle.

:D

Welcome.

butterflykisses8
06-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I am speachless Gr8Ape is all I have to say to you right now.

Things will get better hopefully.

Gr8pApe
06-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I am speachless Gr8Ape is all I have to say to you right now.

Things will get better hopefully.

Why are you speechles?

butterflykisses8
06-05-2007, 01:53 PM
I am suprise with the pm/e-mails you have gotten from that one lady/guy. That is all. Nothing bad. Sorry there was things going around like that.

TNGIRL59
06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the "Welcome" all.... I come here quite often, but don't always post... That guy just really upset me..... Thanks for getting rid of him.. (hopefully!!!) :lol: The people on TLC are usually about like him... I don't understand why they don't just turn off their tvs..? Enough about him & them! Again thanks!

HOWDY, I'm like all the rest of them, the folks you just can't shake off,
welcome :!:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z229/tngirl59/swimdolphins.gif

TNGIRL59
06-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Its nice when things aren't so much of a drama session.

butterflykisses8
07-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Oh, come on you need a little drama because life gets boring at times. We need to spice it up.

halfwaycrazy8
10-24-2007, 12:36 AM
I love this show and look forward to watching every week, but I do have one complaint... They don't do enough episodes on the farm. They always seem to be somewhere else. I like watching everyone working on his farm projects.

tyler
10-24-2007, 09:03 AM
im sure there will be more of them on the farm, since currently they are on the episodes on a road trip. guess time will tell each week when the new episodes come out

I love this show and look forward to watching every week, but I do have one complaint... They don't do enough episodes on the farm. They always seem to be somewhere else. I like watching everyone working on his farm projects.