Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Not Happy With The Show And/Or The Roloff's » Do you think the Roloffs need a break from the Cameras?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
mountaingal

Default Do you think the Roloffs need a break from the Cameras?

Do you think Our Favorite Family needs time off from the TLC Cameras?
I think they need to come together, given breathing room, regroup and decide what their priorities in life are.
A Roloff Special twice a year is better than no Roloff Shows at all.
mountaingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
LPBWfan08

Talking Break

Matt & Amy are suposed to be on Oprah
this month. I think Dr.Phil would have
been more appropriate
LPBWfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
mountaingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBWfan08 View Post
Matt & Amy are suposed to be on Oprah
this month. I think Dr.Phil would have
been more appropriate
I wouldn't call Dr. Phil that credible and he's practicing without a license in the State of California I believe.

I think Matt and especially AMY are intelligent enough to handle their own problems, problems that most other families in the world who have children deal with every day.
I once attended a luncheon up in Albany and the guest of honor was the Italian Ambassador to the United States. He and I got into conversation and he was telling me how his teen children were driving him crazy with the cell phones, computers, skipping school and dating habits.
It's simple, Kids are kids and sometimes parents can't control them which is nothing new.
Why is it that everyone thinks psychiatry and drug therapy is the cure all for any of lifes problems.? Talking and working through problems are the best way to deal with circumstances in a family. You pull together to help one another not pull away from each other.
There are certain cases that do need to look to professional help but they are fewer than what the Psychiatric Association wants you to believe.
What Amy and Matt are experiencing is nothing new in any other family who has lived through the " teenage" experience.
We all look back and laugh at the tough times we thought we had when our kids were teens.
Instead of putting our kids in the hands of psychiatrists and psychologists we need to put them In Gods Hands to guide them through lifes journey.
Thats all we as parents can do.
mountaingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
Daverbonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaingal View Post
I wouldn't call Dr. Phil that credible and he's practicing without a license in the State of California I believe.

I think Matt and especially AMY are intelligent enough to handle their own problems, problems that most other families in the world who have children deal with every day.
I once attended a luncheon up in Albany and the guest of honor was the Italian Ambassador to the United States. He and I got into conversation and he was telling me how his teen children were driving him crazy with the cell phones, computers, skipping school and dating habits.
It's simple, Kids are kids and sometimes parents can't control them which is nothing new.
Why is it that everyone thinks psychiatry and drug therapy is the cure all for any of lifes problems.? Talking and working through problems are the best way to deal with circumstances in a family. You pull together to help one another not pull away from each other.
There are certain cases that do need to look to professional help but they are fewer than what the Psychiatric Association wants you to believe.
What Amy and Matt are experiencing is nothing new in any other family who has lived through the " teenage" experience.
We all look back and laugh at the tough times we thought we had when our kids were teens.
Instead of putting our kids in the hands of psychiatrists and psychologists we need to put them In Gods Hands to guide them through lifes journey.

That was a great post....very well said...
Daverbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
LPBWfan08

Angry Dr.Phil

Quote:

I said Dr.Phil with Matt and Amy in mind, and not the kids.
They seem concerned about the kids grades, and attitude.
My feeling is, they seem at wits end, as far as what to do.
You can not talk to your child through a closed door, which is
what Zack did to Matt.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
Pinksneakers2

Default Do You Think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBWfan08 View Post
I said Dr.Phil with Matt and Amy in mind, and not the kids.
They seem concerned about the kids grades, and attitude.
My feeling is, they seem at wits end, as far as what to do.
You can not talk to your child through a closed door, which is
what Zack did to Matt.
My take is Matt and Amy are not at their wits end, but just acting like any concerned parent would when a child is not working to their highest potential. They are just encountering the same problems with school work millions of American families are facing. While it certainly disappointing to see a bad grade or a warning notice, I think the kids overall do remarkably well in handling themselves and facing challenges. My prediction of the future success of each child is extremely promising.
Pinksneakers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:02 AM   #7
LPBWfan08

Thumbs down Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinksneakers2 View Post
My take is Matt and Amy are not at their wits end, but just acting like any concerned parent would when a child is not working to their highest potential. They are just encountering the same problems with school work millions of American families are facing. While it certainly disappointing to see a bad grade or a warning notice, I think the kids overall do remarkably well in handling themselves and facing challenges. My prediction of the future success of each child is extremely promising.
Did you miss the episode where they flunked math
and had to go to summer school?? Then follow that
up with the school year they are having now, and
you state in your posting "overall they do remarkably
well" ??? Are we watching the same show?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
singlepearl

Quote:
Do you think Our Favorite Family needs time off from the TLC Cameras?
I think they need to come together, given breathing room, regroup and decide what their priorities in life are.
A Roloff Special twice a year is better than no Roloff Shows at all.

i love the roloffs. but if its better for them, i think they should do it. i would hate to watch them crumble.
singlepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #9
Daverbonz

I believe they have already announced that next year is their last and more than likely, I presume, some of that filming has already been done so I trust them to pack it in when they think it's time. I believe they've raised awareness and helped LP everywhere by giving people a glimpse into their lives and exposing that they are no different and have exactly the same problems and issues everyone has. This concept is lost on some who expect them to be the modern version of the Brady Bunch or the Waltons and this was never the intention of the show. Here we are with all our faults and slipups and imperfection but in the end we are family who loves one another and for opening their house to scrutiny I have tremendous respect for them to do so.

I recall watching Jon & Kate last night and they were discussing all the bad, negative email they receive and she responded "we delete it right away..we don't have time for that We have our lives to live as they are"...kudos to Kate for saying this because I think that describes the Roloffs perspective as well. Take us for what we are and if you don't like us then so be it.

Cheers
Daverbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #10
Pinksneakers2

Default Break from the Cameras?

No, I think they have too much love and strength
among themselves to "crumble".

Last edited by Pinksneakers2; 04-08-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Pinksneakers2 is offline   Reply With Quote