Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Announcements » A letter from Matt

Old 11-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Eric
Administrator

Default A letter from Matt

Here's the latest newsletter from Matt folks:

A warm hello to you & yours.....I hope this newsletter finds each of you healthy and in good spirits!

Another fun pumpkin season is behind us ....Every season has its own unique feeling and this year it was how much our family enjoyed meeting so many of YOU. A heartfelt thank you to the thousands of wonderful visitors we had. Papa & Honey (my folks) who greeted guests in our Western Town, kept track of where everyone traveled from. We could not believe we had visitors all the way from Hong Kong, Italy, Canada, Australia & more. We had guests from every state in the USA (except Delaware), too. It was truly humbling!

Today... as Fall moves silently into Winter, it is the perfect time for our family to reconnect with one another and take inventory of the past six years of our lives. With the filming of just over 200 episodes under our belt we feel the magnitude and accomplishments of this journey more than ever before. Currently we are not in production and are taking a much needed (and may I add) well-deserved break from the hustle of our oftentimes hectic filming season.

The show continues to air to a world-wide audience and we will be forever grateful to our loyal fans who have stuck by us. We are also blessed with the seemingly never ending stream of new viewers to Little People Big World. Both Amy and I sincerely thank you and take to heart the feedback (both good and bad) that you have given to us over the years. Keep it up!

We are so excited about the current season that is being aired and hope you're looking forward to so many more episodes thru Spring 2010....

Family Updates!

Amy and I are enjoying and making the most of this unique quiet time. We realize more and more how essential spending uninterrupted time together is. It is wonderful to just catch up with each other and plan private evenings going out to dinner or a movie.

We also continue to help & advocate for little people everywhere. Hot on the heels of her hugely successful golf charity event (I am so proud of her), Amy continues to bolster her Amy Roloff Charity Foundation (check out her upcoming cruise) www.amyroloffcharityfoundation.org. I'm busy working on a local Grant for CoDa www.coda-lp.org that would ultimately provide customized bikes for Little People Kids who cannot afford them. Wish us luck!

Both Jeremy and Zach are busy taking a variety of college courses and seem to have re-found their academic focus (even getting grades to be proud of)! Zach's one true passion remains his job teaching & coaching youth soccer. Could Zach own & operate his own business (perhaps sooner than anyone might think)? Jeremy recently got bitten by the "photography" bug and is seriously thinking about how to infuse this hobby into his plans for the future.

Molly knocked out yet another quarter of straight A's !! There is not much she can't do when she puts her mind to it. She is enjoying her newfound freedom that comes with being able to drive (but true to her nature, she can most often be found here at the farm absorbed in a good book or baking something delicious in the kitchen with mom).

And... the baby of the bunch... Jacob George. Never a lack of being a BOY in his system. (LOL) As the youngest, he's had to work extra hard to find his place but just like his brothers and sister he won't stop until he's made his own mark on our family journey. Jacob and I spent the entire day together just last week and he was so incredibly helpful to me. He continues to grow by leaps & bounds on all levels.

Farm Updates....

-- Need a unique holiday gift idea? Check out our new "cool" pumpkin soldier items! And.....during the month of December, "Our gift to you" ....Get a FREE Roloff Farms Logo safety clip light with minimum purchase of $30.00 or more. (visit our on-line store at: www.mattroloff.com/shop for details).

--"Private Farm Tours" ~ With so many visitors traveling from far away & with encouragement from the local visitors bureau we have decided to extend our Golden Pass Private Farm Tours. Please visit our website at www.mattroloff.com for more information.

-- Speaking Website Launch ~ The honor of speaking to groups, universities & corporations across the country allows me to share my personal stories & messages of hope & resiliency. It also enables me to connect face to face with so many of you that inspire me. Though still under construction...be sure to visit my new speaking website at: www.mattroloff.com/speaking.

From our house to yours... we wish you a very happy, beautiful & blessed holiday season. Spend time making memories with those you love most!

Matt

Last edited by Eric; 11-30-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Jacobsbigbrother

I got emotional while reading this in my email box. I just think Matt, Amy, and, the kids are doing soooooooooooo well. It amazes me how much they are growing, and, learning all they can in this world. I am sooooo proud of you guys. Thanks for the letter, Matt!!! We love you!!!!!!!
Jacobsbigbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Roloff_Winterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobsbigbrother View Post
I got emotional while reading this in my email box.
So did I. I guess because of all the Jon & Kate direction the show has been taking lately it was wonderful (and a relief) to read such nice things being said about Matt and Amy. Thank you Matt for taking the time to write that. Very appreciated.
Roloff_Winterland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
GrayC

Thanks for the update Matt and Eric. Zach own a business???? Just keep us hanging now.

GrayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
Mrs.Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Amy and I are enjoying and making the most of this unique quiet time. We realize more and more how essential spending uninterrupted time together is. It is wonderful to just catch up with each other and plan private evenings going out to dinner or a movie.
Wow, from "we aren't happy" to date nights!
Mrs.Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
GrayC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Sawyer View Post
Wow, from "we aren't happy" to date nights!
Maybe they can't agree where to go. Matt wants McDonalds, Amy wants Burger King.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
GrayC

I love the new photos.

http://www.mattroloff.com/speaking/gallery.php

So Handsome.

Last edited by GrayC; 11-30-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
cutefamily

Rocky's a boy alright

cutefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #9
jeanne230

I wanted to post something about that also.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgVMMdOplHw[/ame]

Now with more bunnies!!!
jeanne230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
aok351

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayC View Post
I love the new photos.

http://www.mattroloff.com/speaking/gallery.php

So Handsome.
Awwwwww!!! He's a good boy!
Just ignore them Rocky! If ya got it, flaunt it!
aok351 is offline   Reply With Quote