Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Not Happy With The Show And/Or The Roloff's » Can't we please stop with the divorce talk??

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
bethannf
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 60
Thumbs down Can't we please stop with the divorce talk??

I hate the direction I am seeing this show taking lately! Literally every episode has them (mostly Amy) talking about the possibility of divorce. And over what?? Some minor disagreements and personality conflicts. Matt and Amy need to work this out, plan things to do together and things to do separetly and not criticize each other so much, especially in front of the kids. This kind of thing is NOT worth tearing your family apart over. Trust me I know! My parents divorced 15 years ago because my mom was "bored". Brilliant reason, now her life is hell, she has no money, ill health, and would do anything to be married to my dad again. (not to mention that MY life would be a heck of a lot easier if they'd stayed together!)

I'm not saying there are not some valid reasons for divorce (see Jon and Kate) but I don't see those reasons with Matt and Amy and I want them to STOP what they're doing and get it together before it's too late!!!

Beth
bethannf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
Sheri_T
Senior Member
 
Sheri_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,249
Default

I agree bethann.
Sheri_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
Mrs.Sawyer
Senior Member
 
Mrs.Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 8,042
Default

These shows were filmed almost a year ago. They are still together. And we are still watching Can you say ratings grabber?
Mrs.Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator
 
DisruptiveSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 21,487
Default

Yup.
DisruptiveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
ScottPaul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Sawyer View Post
These shows were filmed almost a year ago. They are still together. And we are still watching Can you say ratings grabber?
That would be my guess.
ScottPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
Daverbonz
Senior Member
 
Daverbonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethannf View Post
I hate the direction I am seeing this show taking lately! Literally every episode has them (mostly Amy) talking about the possibility of divorce. And over what?? Some minor disagreements and personality conflicts. Matt and Amy need to work this out, plan things to do together and things to do separetly and not criticize each other so much, especially in front of the kids. This kind of thing is NOT worth tearing your family apart over. Trust me I know! My parents divorced 15 years ago because my mom was "bored". Brilliant reason, now her life is hell, she has no money, ill health, and would do anything to be married to my dad again. (not to mention that MY life would be a heck of a lot easier if they'd stayed together!)

I'm not saying there are not some valid reasons for divorce (see Jon and Kate) but I don't see those reasons with Matt and Amy and I want them to STOP what they're doing and get it together before it's too late!!!

Beth

I was saying the same thing last night. Give it a flippin rest. Ok, relationships have their ebbs and flows and nothing is perfect and of course you have to continually work at things especially the friendship/communication side but quit yapping about it and do it. Last time I checked they both lived in the same house and both had a voice.

However, Sawyer is correct. TLC has always done this stuff for ratings. They tried it with J&K but the wheels fell off that one without their help.
Daverbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
seebert
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethannf View Post
I'm not saying there are not some valid reasons for divorce (see Jon and Kate) but I don't see those reasons with Matt and Amy and I want them to STOP what they're doing and get it together before it's too late!!!

Beth
I don't even think Jon's reason for divorce is valid.

In fact, I can only think of ONE valid reason for divorce, and even that is better handled by a charge of assault and the violent spouse being locked up and given treatment for their mental problems (especially given how 4/6 cases of murder-suicide in Oregon in the last three months started).

But then again, I'm Catholic and autistic. I don't understand the concept of divorce to begin with.
__________________
I'm just another 'gonie...who would like to see this area succeed.
seebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #8
Sheri_T
Senior Member
 
Sheri_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebert View Post
I don't even think Jon's reason for divorce is valid.

In fact, I can only think of ONE valid reason for divorce, and even that is better handled by a charge of assault and the violent spouse being locked up and given treatment for their mental problems (especially given how 4/6 cases of murder-suicide in Oregon in the last three months started).

But then again, I'm Catholic and autistic. I don't understand the concept of divorce to begin with.
I do not believe in divorce either. I do, however, believe in justifiable homicide.
Sheri_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
GrayC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri_T View Post
I do not believe in divorce either. I do, however, believe in justifiable homicide.
__________________



GrayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #10
cclngthr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Western WA
Posts: 1,019
Send a message via AIM to cclngthr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebert View Post
I don't even think Jon's reason for divorce is valid.

In fact, I can only think of ONE valid reason for divorce, and even that is better handled by a charge of assault and the violent spouse being locked up and given treatment for their mental problems (especially given how 4/6 cases of murder-suicide in Oregon in the last three months started).

But then again, I'm Catholic and autistic. I don't understand the concept of divorce to begin with.
I think it should be harder than it is to get a divorce. That said, I also think marriage should be a bit harder (for everyone) to get as well.
__________________
"Childhood is measured out by sounds and smells and sights before the dark hour of reason grows"
John Betjeman
cclngthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump