Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Not Happy With The Show And/Or The Roloff's » Can't we please stop with the divorce talk??

Old 12-22-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
bethannf

Thumbs down Can't we please stop with the divorce talk??

I hate the direction I am seeing this show taking lately! Literally every episode has them (mostly Amy) talking about the possibility of divorce. And over what?? Some minor disagreements and personality conflicts. Matt and Amy need to work this out, plan things to do together and things to do separetly and not criticize each other so much, especially in front of the kids. This kind of thing is NOT worth tearing your family apart over. Trust me I know! My parents divorced 15 years ago because my mom was "bored". Brilliant reason, now her life is hell, she has no money, ill health, and would do anything to be married to my dad again. (not to mention that MY life would be a heck of a lot easier if they'd stayed together!)

I'm not saying there are not some valid reasons for divorce (see Jon and Kate) but I don't see those reasons with Matt and Amy and I want them to STOP what they're doing and get it together before it's too late!!!

Beth
bethannf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
Sheri_T

I agree bethann.
Sheri_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
Mrs.Sawyer

These shows were filmed almost a year ago. They are still together. And we are still watching Can you say ratings grabber?
Mrs.Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Yup.
DisruptiveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
ScottPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Sawyer View Post
These shows were filmed almost a year ago. They are still together. And we are still watching Can you say ratings grabber?
That would be my guess.
ScottPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
Daverbonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethannf View Post
I hate the direction I am seeing this show taking lately! Literally every episode has them (mostly Amy) talking about the possibility of divorce. And over what?? Some minor disagreements and personality conflicts. Matt and Amy need to work this out, plan things to do together and things to do separetly and not criticize each other so much, especially in front of the kids. This kind of thing is NOT worth tearing your family apart over. Trust me I know! My parents divorced 15 years ago because my mom was "bored". Brilliant reason, now her life is hell, she has no money, ill health, and would do anything to be married to my dad again. (not to mention that MY life would be a heck of a lot easier if they'd stayed together!)

I'm not saying there are not some valid reasons for divorce (see Jon and Kate) but I don't see those reasons with Matt and Amy and I want them to STOP what they're doing and get it together before it's too late!!!

Beth

I was saying the same thing last night. Give it a flippin rest. Ok, relationships have their ebbs and flows and nothing is perfect and of course you have to continually work at things especially the friendship/communication side but quit yapping about it and do it. Last time I checked they both lived in the same house and both had a voice.

However, Sawyer is correct. TLC has always done this stuff for ratings. They tried it with J&K but the wheels fell off that one without their help.
Daverbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
seebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethannf View Post

Beth
I don't even think Jon's reason for divorce is valid.

In fact, I can only think of ONE valid reason for divorce, and even that is better handled by a charge of assault and the violent spouse being locked up and given treatment for their mental problems (especially given how 4/6 cases of murder-suicide in Oregon in the last three months started).

But then again, I'm Catholic and autistic. I don't understand the concept of divorce to begin with.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #8
Sheri_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebert View Post

In fact, I can only think of ONE valid reason for divorce, and even that is better handled by a charge of assault and the violent spouse being locked up and given treatment for their mental problems (especially given how 4/6 cases of murder-suicide in Oregon in the last three months started).

But then again, I'm Catholic and autistic. I don't understand the concept of divorce to begin with.
I do not believe in divorce either. I do, however, believe in justifiable homicide.
Sheri_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
GrayC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri_T View Post
I do not believe in divorce either. I do, however, believe in justifiable homicide.

GrayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #10
cclngthr

Send a message via AIM to cclngthr

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebert View Post

I think it should be harder than it is to get a divorce. That said, I also think marriage should be a bit harder (for everyone) to get as well.