Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
vincedog3

Default Google Chrome..

Is it just me, or does Google Chrome not work here at this forum. Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer work fine. Just curious. Note, I am aware Chrome is Beta, so maybe you wouldn't commit to the early code. Just as I said, "curious".
vincedog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
vincedog3

disregard, it is me. Chrome works fine here. No problem. Just operator error on my part.
vincedog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
scagjockey

Firefox has been driving me nuts with pages loading slow or not loading at all. I thought it was my new Wi-Max service, so I decided to try Google Chrome. Wow, a big difference! Now the pages load just fine, and fast too.
So anybody know what I can do to speed up Firefox or should I just stick with Chrome?
I'm also wondering if this would help GAP, since she hasn't been able to get in here. Maybe her's is also a browser issue instead of an ISP issue.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
cutefamily

I miss GAP

cutefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Anything you can suggest to Gap so that she can come back, please do. She is missed.

I don't have suggestions for those browsers and whatnot. I use Firefox and have no problems at all with this site or any other. Also don't have problems with speed. In my settings tho (tools>options>security), I still have the "block reported attack sites" unchecked like we had to do from waaaaay back when some of us were having problems and Eric suggested we leave it unchecked. He did say we could check it again after the problem was solved but I was still having problems with this site with it checked so I left it unchecked. Not sure is that is Gap's problem or not. Wish she could figure it out.

Anyway, not sure if that would help her too.
DisruptiveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisruptiveSpirit View Post
Anything you can suggest to Gap so that she can come back, please do. She is missed.

I don't have suggestions for those browsers and whatnot. I use Firefox and have no problems at all with this site or any other. Also don't have problems with speed. In my settings tho (tools>options>security), I still have the "block reported attack sites" unchecked like we had to do from waaaaay back when some of us were having problems and Eric suggested we leave it unchecked. He did say we could check it again after the problem was solved but I was still having problems with this site with it checked so I left it unchecked. Not sure is that is Gap's problem or not. Wish she could figure it out.

Anyway, not sure if that would help her too.
It is really unusual for someone to be locked out like this for so long isn't it? I'm concerned that something else may be wrong.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
GrayC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagjockey View Post
Firefox has been driving me nuts with pages loading slow or not loading at all. I thought it was my new Wi-Max service, so I decided to try Google Chrome. Wow, a big difference! Now the pages load just fine, and fast too.
So anybody know what I can do to speed up Firefox or should I just stick with Chrome?
I'm also wondering if this would help GAP, since she hasn't been able to get in here. Maybe her's is also a browser issue instead of an ISP issue.
Firefox has been working fine for me. I do a lot of virus scans lately because certain sites I go to people are planting viruses if you don't agree with their politics. I'm sure you scan. Maybe you need to update to a newer version of firefox.

GrayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
aok351

Sounds like her browser can't find the server.

"I posted the message I got several time. It says it can't find the server at mattroloff.com I am sure it's on my end. It only happens to a few of us. It never happened when I had my ATT DSL. "
aok351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #9
paultnboy

I hate to sound like the smart alecky kid here, but this is what I go to school for........so......here goes....

It doesn't matter what browser you use. I have a Macbook that uses Safari, a Dell with Windows Vista that uses Firefox, and my new Dell Notebook with Windows 7 that uses IE8. I never get blocked by any site.

Yeah, there are a few times that this site is slow loading, but I just click on the reload or refresh, depending on the browser, and I don't have a problem. There are times that you do have to go clear back to the login page, but that is rare. I figure it is beause this site uses an older version of PHP.

Here is what I know about surfing the Internet and people who have problems. First, uninstall Google, Yahoo, and Bing toolbars. Second, install and run a Good spyware check program. Spybot Search and Destroy and Adaware are excellent. Third, install only one virus check program. If you have more than one you are screwed. I recommend Avast, AVG, Panda, or Nod32. I do not recommend Norton or McCaffee. Fourth, your computer has two ways of cleaning itself which you need to use if you have windows:

1. Click Start, all programs, accessories, system tools, and click disk cleanup. You need to run this at least once a month, especially if you surf the Internet.

2. Clear out your cache. In both Explorer and Firefix it is under Tools. I don't know about Chrome and frankly I don't care to know. If I were you, I would remove Chrome. Google hasn't perfected itself yet.

As far as Gap is concerned, I have to assume that she probably has a worm or spyware that is preventing her from connecting. She can keep adding new browsers, like Chrome, which will resolve her problem in the short run, but eventually it also will become infected.

Eventually, if your computer is infected enough with worms or spyware, you won't be able to connect to the Internet. Five of those jobs pay for my tuition every quarter. But I live in Santa Monica. People pay too much for everything. She needs to install and run a good antivirus and a good anti-spyware program.

Last edited by paultnboy; 07-17-2010 at 09:32 PM.
paultnboy is offline   Reply With Quote