Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Ask matt » Matt Answers Your Questions Part 1 (5/14/07)

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Default Matt Answers Your Questions Part 1 (5/14/07)

ringoffire65 Asks:

Matt I was curious. When do you think you will start shooting again, and how many more season do you want/plan for the show to be on? We all your show, and thank you so much for letting us get to know you, and get a glimpse at what a real family who is caring is like.

Matt's Answer:

We start shooting the next season on May 14th. We're not sure how many episodes will be in this next season, but likely no less than 20.

We're taking this one season at a time so we have no idea how long we will be able to continue. TLC did ask us this last winter to renew for several seasons but Amy and I decided we will only sign up one year at a time.

Best,

Matt

CJ_2008 Asks:

Hey Matt. Are you and/or your family planning to come to Michigan anytime soon?? Preferably St. Clair/Port Huron/Marysville areas. Love the show.

Matt's Answer:

As a matter of fact I'll be in Michigan later this week. I'll be speaking at an event (for a local school district) in Flint MI on Friday and Sat.

Then i'll be attending a private event in Dearborn on Sun.

Regards,
Matt

GrayC Asks:

Will we get to see little Zach and Chance again this year or next?

Matt's Answer:

There is an episode coming up that gives an update to little Chance in the next few weeks. And we also just filmed a couple of scenes with little Zak and you should see him towards the end of this season.

Even though we filmed scenes with Chance and Zak there are no guarantees what TLC will show or edit but it looks good that we may see both of them.

Matt

Riggs Asks:

Hey Matt!

I just wanted to know how you are all making out with the clearing out with the Peach Orchard to get it ready for the upcoming Pumpkin Season? I hope this one will be alot better for you this year than last.

Matt's Answer:

We've cleared about 3/4 of the peach orchard. We left just enough peaches for the family to enjoy. And the rest of them are all cleared out and the field is prepped and ready for planting pumpkins.

Matt

RisserFarms Asks:

Hi Matt,
I was wondering how many acres of pumpkins you put out and how many (or how much profit) you make out of them. I usually put out 2 acres of what they call "Prize winner pumpkins" that are supposed to be 300+lbs. The rest of my now 800 acres of farm land I just put out to corn and beans but that might change this year becuase I might put out an additional acre to pumpkins. Well, I don't mean to ramble, just wondering. Please let me know. Thanks!!.......RisserFarms

Matt's Answer:

Well we grew approx. 6 acres last year and this year we're gonna grow approx. 10 acres.

With pumpkins you have to rotate every year. You can't grow pumpkins in the same ground for more then 2 years in a row otherwise you get a lot of rot.

Matt

Big Bear Asks:

Is the fame from the show changing the kids lives?

Matt's Answer:

Not so far but Amy is having to work double time trying to keep their heads screwed on. Ya know, in that regard.

Matt

heninlover Asks:

Hi Matt,

I'm wondering why the DVDs for Season One are being sold in such a strange fashion. First they were sold by the episode, and now by half the season. Are we going to see a release of the ENTIRE, FULL, COMPLETE season(s), like almost all other television shows sold on DVD?

Matt's Answer:

Yes! They are working on the official LPBW DVD release. So hang on and there will be real good official season by season releases that are company packaged.

Matt

Ken Asks:

Hello there Matt!

In late July into early August 2006 I took my wife & mother inlaw on a 2 week northwestern US tour by car from Wisconsin as they had never been out that way like I had been many of times before.

Along the way we stopped over in the Portland area after visiting Mt. St. Helens,......I had mentioned that you folks lived nearby. We decided not to just drop in & interupt your privacy so we journeyed on the next day.

What I'm wondering is, Would it be OK for us or the general public to stop by your driveway enterance to get a photo of us next to your Roloff Farms sign?
It's just for something fun to do & to show the folks back home that "Hey we were there" How would you feel about this?

Matt's Answer:

Yes, we don't mind people coming and taking photos at the sign as long as they don't block the road or the driveway or proceed to drive down our driveway.

Matt

EyesOnly Asks:

How does one, such as myself, present new ideas to your company? IE: Little People Products, like the email I sent you awhile ago.

Matt's Answer:

We've had so many different ideas that we can't process them all. And we try not to read new ideas because we have so many of our own ideas that we don't want people to think we're taking their ideas (because often some things they suggest we've already working on).

At this time we are not taking new ideas.

Matt

butterflykisses8 Asks:

Hello Sir,

I have a couple questions. First of I am sorry for the first bumb question. If I have a question on the same line of another I will have to write down my thought because my mind wonders and I would forget before starting a new thread.

Now, how are the kids doing with the camera crew always around? And Do they take the fame well? It seems like they are not happy with the camera.

Matt's Answer:

Well, as you can imagine it's very difficult trying to live your life as a teenager. Let alone being in the spotlight. There are days when, ya know, everything is good and you're in a good mood and you don't mind the camera crews following you around. Other days you're in a grumpy mood and the cameras drive you crazy. Sometimes it's the moments when the cameras are frustrating us that give the TV show some of the best drama.

Matt

boobli Asks:

Hi Matt!! I was just wondering if you ever think there will come a time when you and Amy will want to sell the farm?

Matt's Answer:

There was a time years ago where we thought about that. But at this point with our new little low kitchen and remodeling things that we're doing we don't think that we would ever sell it at this point.

Matt

aMomof4 Asks:

Hi Matt,
Well I have watched your show since the beginning. TLC has always been a favorite channel of mine, as it gives me inspiration for my own life. Since I have been watching your show, I have recently found out my daughter is a type of dwarf. She has been diagnosed with hypochondroplasia. To keep the story short, watching the show has given me insight on how strong she can really be and somewhat of what she can expect in the future. I wanted to ask you though, about the stools you make for the hotels.....are they only for the hotels or can I buy one retail? This will help so much, since my little girl will grab whatever she can to get into something!! So, when you have time, please get back to me........Thanks, Amanda! PS You and your wife are doing a GREAT JOB!

Matt's Answer:

You can buy them individually but unfortunately, because they are built for industrial type complications, they're not very affordable for the average consumer. We sell them at just above our cost to individuals that need them but they are still very expensive.

www.lp-access.com for more info.

Matt

GrayC Asks:

Matt, can you create a family photo section on your website. I would love to see some photos of when the kids were babies and when you and Amy were just starting out.

Matt's Answer:

That's a great idea and we'll get to working on that.

Matt

Krystal_A_D Asks:

Hello Matt and family,

My name is Krystal I live in Ontario Canada and I would love to say that you guys are such insperation to people around the world. You have helped me go through some tough times just by watching your show. I get the feeling when something bum comes into my life that there is always a way to make a positive out of it. I'm just wondering did Zach ever get picked on because of him being a little person? I know this world can be quite cruel. Did Jeremy and Zach ever get their licence yet? Well I know your a busy person but I can't wait to her back from you. Please send out best wishes to the kids and Amy, and of course yourself.

Matt's Answer:

No, Jeremy and Zach have not gotten their licence yet. Zachary doesn't seem to be that interested and Jeremy hasn't gotten better grades yet but they're close.

Matt

Burk Asks:

Matt, what is your Favorite Bible Verse or your Bible Verse Life Theme?

Mine is Jeremiah 29:11. This was also my wife's and our theme for our Wedding. God has a Plan.

Matt's Answer:

Matthew 6:34

Matt

amy Asks:

My friends and I (from Michigan) took a trip to Oregon last week, one of our first stops was to visit the Roloff farm. We had a hek of a time finding it, I stopped at a thousand gas stations, McDonalds, finally the local tavern pointed us in the right direction.

When we finally got there, the sign said closed for the season, no trespassing. We took a picture of ourselves in front of the sign. While we were taking pictures, some more fans pulled up. They told us that they were going to go past the no trespassing signs, and we watched them do so. We decided to respect your privacy and your family and stay behind. My question for you is, how do you handle people who just blow past these signs and infringe on your life?

Matt's Answer:

Amy, First, I want to thank you for respecting our privacy and road signs.

Our personal time as a family has become more precious than you can imagine... so we appreciate those that respect our signs more than ever before.

To answer your question. .... Sometimes we just give those that pass our signs dirty looks... sometimes... Jeremy shoots them

Either way... we often stop and reward those that respect our road sign with a photo opp.... We never reward those that proceed past the road sign with anything more than a nasty glare. Thanks again for respecting our signs and personal time. If there was any way we could spend just a few minutes with everyone.. We would.

Best,
Matt
Old 05-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

So, how do you like all the questions all listed into one thread? Matt thought it would make things easier for people to just read them all in one thread. Of course it takes a little more time to do but it's no biggy. As long as I have the time. LOL

Anyway, I think it works out pretty good. Plus I guess we can talk about the Q&A's in each thread too.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
Marilu762

Default Love the show, LPBW, and the Roloffs

I love the show, LPBW, and it was a thrill to meet all of you, at the farm, this past fall. It has been a pleasure to get to know you all of you on the show, a glimpse into your lives, and that of little people. My whole family really enjoys it, right down to the grandkids. You're all a great family, and I love how you've helped to put Oregon on the map, with the program and your farm. Go Roloffs!
Hi all, I am a big fan of Matt, Amy and all the Roloff Family. They educated us all on Dwarfism, on good family living, and for putting Oregon on the map. Hats off to all the Roloff Family, and keep it coming...
Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 AM   #4
Mrs.Sawyer

Marilu, I love your signature! Welcome!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:17 AM   #5
killene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Sawyer
Marilu, I love your signature! Welcome!
Yes Welcome Marilu to the Best Internet Forum
There are no Broken Dreams just new Dreams!!!
Find your dreams through the Lord!!!
If You Stop Dreaming You Stop Living!!!
Dream with the Lord and He will answer!!!

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9
Old 05-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
Marilu762

Default Hey, Mrs. Sawyer, thanx for the Welcome,

and I like your signature too. ha
Hi all, I am a big fan of Matt, Amy and all the Roloff Family. They educated us all on Dwarfism, on good family living, and for putting Oregon on the map. Hats off to all the Roloff Family, and keep it coming...
Old 05-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #7
seebert

I'd like to also add to the signature above: They taught people how to say Oregon! This is the first show in a long time on primetime that says it right!

Orygun, not Ory gone...
Old 05-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
Mrs.Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebert
I'd like to also add to the signature above: They taught people how to say Oregon! This is the first show in a long time on primetime that says it right!

Orygun, not Ory gone...
'Tis true, but it will always be Ory-Gone to me! Why such?
Cuz that's how us Yankees say it
Old 05-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #9
Marilu762

Default A Transplanted Oregonian

Took me a while to get the hang of the Western Twang, but it sounds funny now to hear others say Ori-gone, or pronounce other names we have here in Oregon. I love to see people stumble over spelling Clackamas, haha Shoulda heard how I first pronounced Tualatin. haha I've been a transplanted Texan now for about 40 yrs. or so.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:51 AM   #10
Mrs.Sawyer

Puyallup, WA always stumbles me
Closed Thread