Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Not Happy With The Show And/Or The Roloff's » Do you think the Roloffs need a break from the Cameras?

Old 04-10-2008, 07:02 AM   #21
aok351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverbonz View Post
Indeed they do. Many have claimed this family to be dysfunctional or near catasthrope. I guess I missed the episode where Zack is arrested for shoplifting and Molly is strung out on crystal meth while Jacob is undergoing therapy for anger management for punching his math teacher out....They are as normal and as loving as any normal family...warts and all. Hey, my family ain't the walton's either....
aok351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #22
mpsull324

Whether or not, Matt and Amy continue to allow their family life is their decision and their decision only. What I was most surprised at when first coming to the LPBW forums (both here and at TLC) was how many people pass judgement about the Roloff's life.

We see about 2% of the Roloff's life. And that 2% is only what TLC chooses to show us. To be judging Matt and Amy's parental skills is unrealistic by anyone who doesn't know them personally.

I challenge anyone to allow a TV show to film their life just as TLC does to the Roloff's, and then allow the TV show to choose what parts the public, you would find that your life would look a little different than reality.

People need to STOP judging the Roloff's based on what they see on TV.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #23
just me

Sorry but I would have to say that it is only natural to have opinions about the things we see on tv. If you don't have an opinion about the shows and the people on them then that would be some really boring shows and why watch?
I really enjoy watching lpbw but I don't like eveything I see on there and I don't think it would be near as interesting to me if I did. Yes, some people can be really harsh but to me, that's their problem. Their opinion doesn't effect me one way or the other. JMO
just me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #24
Mrs.Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsull324 View Post

We see about 2% of the Roloff's life. And that 2% is only what TLC chooses to show us.
I'd say even less.

You can have a negative opinion, I often do, but to word it in such nasty hateful disgusting ways is not right.
Mrs.Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:39 AM   #25
jgirly

It's one thing to have an opinion on the show, but it's another to have an opinion of their lives based on what we see on the show.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:50 AM   #26
indycindyo

That's true. We only see like 2% of their lives. So why would they need a break? They GET breaks. I mean, it's not like cameras follow them around every day of the year. Why do you think we don't get to see them for so long periods of time? Because they ARE getting their breaks. Since Jer doesn't want to go to college, maybe they will decide to let the show go on even longer. Who knows?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #27
jgirly

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycindyo View Post
That's true. We only see like 2% of their lives. So why would they need a break? They GET breaks. I mean, it's not like cameras follow them around every day of the year. Why do you think we don't get to see them for so long periods of time? Because they ARE getting their breaks. Since Jer doesn't want to go to college, maybe they will decide to let the show go on even longer. Who knows?
They get breaks, but when the cameras are there, they tape everything, a lot more than they show. And they're under a microscope (not as much as the Hollywood-type celebrities, but there still is onel) so people do whatever they can get away to follow their lives off-camera too.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:02 AM   #28
LPBWfan08

Thumbs down Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinksneakers2 View Post
My take is Matt and Amy are not at their wits end, but just acting like any concerned parent would when a child is not working to their highest potential. They are just encountering the same problems with school work millions of American families are facing. While it certainly disappointing to see a bad grade or a warning notice, I think the kids overall do remarkably well in handling themselves and facing challenges. My prediction of the future success of each child is extremely promising.
Did you miss the episode where they flunked math
and had to go to summer school?? Then follow that
up with the school year they are having now, and
you state in your posting "overall they do remarkably
well" ??? Are we watching the same show?
LPBWfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:09 AM   #29
jgirly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBWfan08 View Post
Did you miss the episode where they flunked math
and had to go to summer school?? Then follow that
up with the school year they are having now, and
you state in your posting "overall they do remarkably
well" ??? Are we watching the same show?
Doing well in school, no. In life, yes. Even in high school, there's more to life that schoolwork.

They're not perfect, but if you think they're bad you should've seen some of the kids I went to school with.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:25 AM   #30
LPBWfan08

Angry Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgirly View Post
Doing well in school, no. In life, yes. Even in high school, there's more to life that schoolwork.

They're not perfect, but if you think they're bad you should've seen some of the kids I went to school with.

We agree, the twins are having a tough time in school.
I'm confused about the 2nd part of your posting "even
in High School, there's more to life than school work"????
Ins't that why one goes to school, to do school work
and learn?? Are you saying you need to be more concerned
about interacting with friends, and playing sports, than
doing school work??
LPBWfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote