Old 04-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #21
Mrs.Sawyer

bad day you crack me up!

Of course Matt plans to sell, proberly when Jacob is finished with high school.
Mrs.Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #22
cutefamily

maybe badday is kirstin and she is jealous of "heremy" as they said with a H
cutefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #23
Mrs.Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whelin View Post
Well I live 45 minutes from there property and this was filmed in December when we had our big storms out here so they should have the walls on and they should be doing the work inside. But if I can will get out there and take some Pitures...

Please do, and whelin!
Mrs.Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:17 AM   #24
Anne

You would think a girlfriend, or ex-girlfriend, would be on here lurking wouldn't you?!?! Thinking back to when I was that age (too long ago!) I would have loved a tool like this to see what was going on! Guess it's not easy being in the spotlight for teenagers no matter what the circumstances.

Zach is such a cutie, I would imagine when girls realize what a sweet-hearted young man he is they will realize he's one in a million. Too bad a lot of young people don't understand that when they are teenagers.
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:21 AM   #25
Anne

Is Dani still with Zach and Kirsten with Jeremy? High school drama, we have it all the time around here with twins that are seniors. But, one is a girl and it seems the boys around here are the ones with the drama!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #26
summerville

They are also gaining more living space in the barn. Matt will be renovating the room/apartment which his brother stayed in. That will give them a large guest room for visitors and family.

The addition is mainly a garage. The area above the garage will include an office for Amy and a storage room. The space between the garage and the house will include a mudd room/vestibule area and a formal entry. Although the addition will be large and cover a good deal of ground, it may not add an excessive amount of living area to the house.

It could be said that Amy could have waited until the twins left for college then used their room for an office. I don't think that would have been a good solution, though. I remember when I went to college and lost my room to my sister. Whenever I came home for vacations I had to sleep on the couch - including all summer! It was especially unwelcoming since I was longer than the couch was. I'm glad Matt and Amy didn't do that to the twins.
summerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #27
teaching2athome

Matt has huge dreams! He loves being in control of a project and the bigger the better.

Ya know, I was thinking when I saw the episode that maybe Amy will open a small B&B after the show........I'd love to stay there!!
teaching2athome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:08 AM   #28
Anne

Yeah, when your adult child goes away to college it's good to have their room and bed the same when they come home to visit. My son couldn't wait to get away from us last year (the one at ISU where Amy spoke) and didn't come home until Thanksgiving. He walked in and kind of stood there, then went to the restroom, then got in the shower. He came out and said it felt SO GOOD to use is own toilet and his own clean shower and sleep in his own bed. Same thing even now when he is back home. I don't want to feel like we're pushing him out so until he is officially gone and on his own we'll keep his room as is (except for now it's clean!).
Old 04-29-2008, 02:08 AM   #29
pforten

Smile The Remodeling

I've been watching the series since last year with a lot of interest. It amazes me how Matt can take on these projects. As Amy says, they seem to get completed most of the time but some times they become more than they were originally planned to be. For example, this renovation started off as a garage being added onto the house. The next time I watched the series they had advanced to almost a total renovation of the house. It's unbelievable how huge the house will be after they are finish. I saw a couple of comments about Jeremy, Zack and Molly being close striking out on their own. Hopefully the house could be used as a Bread and Breakfast for income if need since I read that Amy has said she is interested in the hospitality field. I too was wondering how much the taxes and utilities would increase with the addition and expansion of the house. I got the impression at the end of this last episode that the renovation was beginning to place a strain on the nerves of everyone. I wish the Roloff family all the best. I admire them so much and have been inspired watching how all of them live and deal with life and it's challenges. I hope they are able to get through any complications this remodeling causes. My prayers and well wishes are with all of the Roloff family.
pforten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:47 AM   #30
jgirly

I don't understand this remodel, to be honest. I'm not one to be negative, but I don't see the point in this one. I guess I've just never seen a reason to have more space than you needed and I don't see how they need this.