Old 10-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #11
Bear

Jer and Zach are to totally different people.

no i don;t think it should because if they do that Jake wouldn;t be shown at all and he has little air time as it is.

Jake is part of the family good , bad or indifferent

LPBW is all about the roloff family, editing that stuff takes the point away completely

if he wanted that to be kept private then he shouldn't be on the show.

Jake is the youngest and like Amy pointed out in season one he is sometimes left out.
If Jake wants to act older than he is then he has to take the good with the bad.
i have no brothers or sisters but i do have cousins we were close enough for them to treat me like a little sister and i got my fair share of crap growing up.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #12
Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairebear View Post
no i don;t think it should because if they do that Jake wouldn;t be shown at all and he has little air time as it is.
I'm just talking about a very few minutes. I'm not at all talking about cutting Jake from the show. Not every time you see Jacob on the screen is he having a really rough time.

I hope you don't think that you see everything that the Roloff's do on the screen. They show us just 1 hour a week for just a few weeks of the year. They cut out tons and tons of stuff all the time, I'm sure.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #13
Bear

no i don;t think that.

im not naive please don;t assume that i am.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #14
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

And if and when he does get tired of it he'll stop. Plain and simple.

Point is, I do not see anything strange or alarming happening between these siblings. Everything I've seen on this show between them I've seen before between my own sisters and myself or other friends and their siblings.

Jake also knows that if he doesn't want to be on the show he doesn't really have to. Just like when Molly decided not to be filmed much in the first few seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclngthr View Post
There will be a time where he will get tired of it.

Sometimes kids need to figure out for themselves that their behavior can be pain to other behavior. Zach reacts by smacking Jacob. That apparently has not worked.
DisruptiveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #15
cclngthr

Send a message via AIM to cclngthr

Quote:
If Jake wants to act older than he is then he has to take the good with the bad.
i have no brothers or sisters but i do have cousins we were close enough for them to treat me like a little sister and i got my fair share of crap growing up.
Sometimes that happens, but again, my perspective seems to fall on the age range between Jake and the twins. They, like I and my brother, who is 7 years older than I, also have the same type of discourse as me and my brother, which we had different ideas of play and what we wanted to do.

Quote:
And if and when he does get tired of it he'll stop. Plain and simple.

Point is, I do not see anything strange or alarming happening between these siblings. Everything I've seen on this show between them I've seen before between my own sisters and myself or other friends and their siblings.

Jake also knows that if he doesn't want to be on the show he doesn't really have to. Just like when Molly decided not to be filmed much in the first few seasons.
A lot of people, however will point out that this behavior is not good and seem to want Matt and Amy to correct them. They, apparently want to allow the kids to learn on their own on how to get along with each other, and fights will occasionally happen (seen this many times), but there is a fine line of when to step in and intervene, and when to allow the kids to figure out and solve their own problems.
cclngthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #16
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

I think that's where the problem lies. You, and others, look at it as them fighting. I have yet to see them really fight. Instead, it always starts off as play and just usually ends up with Jake getting hurt because either A) he's small or B) he doesn't know when to stop. But to say that they are actually physically fighting, I disagree totally.

And if he was REALLY getting hurt, I'm positive Amy or Matt or some other adult, if they were around, would step in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclngthr View Post
A lot of people, however will point out that this behavior is not good and seem to want Matt and Amy to correct them. They, apparently want to allow the kids to learn on their own on how to get along with each other, and fights will occasionally happen (seen this many times), but there is a fine line of when to step in and intervene, and when to allow the kids to figure out and solve their own problems.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #17
cclngthr

Send a message via AIM to cclngthr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisruptiveSpirit View Post
I think that's where the problem lies. You, and others, look at it as them fighting. I have yet to see them really fight. Instead, it always starts off as play and just usually ends up with Jake getting hurt because either A) he's small or B) he doesn't know when to stop. But to say that they are actually physically fighting, I disagree totally.

And if he was REALLY getting hurt, I'm positive Amy or Matt or some other adult, if they were around, would step in.
Yes, it depends on how people view it. HOWEVER, there is a perspective that may be on a legal perspective; which depends on the state. Zach is now considered an adult, not a kid. He should know better (by now) that when you physically grab, move or hit another person, regardless of age; and this may include actions of "play" that it may be interpreted as an assault. That is what people may be using when they see Jake and Zach go at it. While you view it as play, another person may not, and we should look at it from both sides.

Using the above perspective, the question of Zach smacking Jake (for any reason) may not be an appropriate choice. If they were younger, it might be considered acceptable. At Zach's age, it now becomes more inappropriate.
cclngthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Well, until I see Zach hitting the streets kicking someone's a**, I doubt we have anything to worry about. LOL

Jesus, there are tons of siblings that smack one another around. Even if one of them is over 18. They are PLAYING. It's not malicious at all.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #19
cutefamily

I know and I agree DS, I mean my boys were at eachother today. If I weren't home I don't know how it would have ended. Boys always get crazy and the smaller one does egg it on, but the older one needs to back off as his strength is not fair! I told my older son one day he is going to grow and knock you a good one! Sorry but I hate when the younger kids get hurt!

cutefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #20
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Oh I hate it too when the younger/smaller ones get hurt (in any situation). But, Jake has said himself, many times, that he likes it (horsing around like that). And he laughs about it. So, I would think that if he was really worried/hurt/etc. about it he'd stop.