Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Ask matt » Matt Answers Your Questions Part 2 (5/14/07)

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Default Matt Answers Your Questions Part 2 (5/14/07)

Where was your convention in Orlando? I work in Orlando seasonally, and thought that it looked like Gaylord Palms. Is that right? I'm just curious!

Matt's Answer:

Yeah it was the Gaylord Palms.

Matt

Where do you get all that energy to go all them places and do all that stuff?

Matt's Answer:

I don't think I can answer that. I usually come home at night and drop dead from exhaustion.

Matt

Who is the oldest Zach or Jeremy?

Matt's Answer:

Jeremy came out about 3 minutes before Zach.

Matt

Hey Matt I was wondering if you and/or your family plan on coming to Massachusetts?

Matt's Answer:

We don't have any immediate plans to go to Massachusetts.

Matt

Will you be visiting Michigan any time soon? Have you visited Grand Valley State University in Allendale and Grand Rapids, MI? I would love to hear your speeches and many of the other students would love it also!

I also have a question about dwarfism. Do little people's bones become more fragile before a normal person's bones? Generally, peoples bones become more fragile around the ages of 60. Do little people's bones become more fragile around the same age?

Matt's Answer:

We have not been to that university but we are in MI from time to time since Amy's from there. But no immediate plans on going there anytime soon.

As for the second part of the question, that depends on the type of dwarfism. There are 200 types of dwarfism each one has different characteristics. Some of them do have very, very brittle bones. But Amy and I have the type of dwarfism that we don't become more fragile that I know of.

Matt

I have noticed that Zach wears a support bracelet and was wondering what group he supports.

Matt's Answer:

Uh, I would have to ask him. I don't know the answer to that.

Matt

My husband and I are current SD Foster Parents looking to possibly adopt. We were wondering if you could let us know who we would contact about information to adopt a little person who needs a home to live forever. Thanks for your time.

Matt's Answer:

Well, the Little People Of America have an adoption site that you can get to from www.lpaonline.org and there is an adoption link there. But they are not an adoption agency and neither are we with CODA so the best thing is to go to your local adoption agency and tell them you are interested in adopting a person with dwarfism. Then go through the normal procedure. If you are still having a problem finding a person to adopt with dwarfism then have your agency contact the LPA to see if there is somebody that they know of.

Matt

Matt, Could you give me information about the wood floor you have in the kitchen? My wife has looked and looked for a floor just like yours, but to no avail. Is it laminate or actual hardwood? Brand name or company web address? Any info would be great. Also, we really like the color of red you have in your house. Which brand of paint and name of color is it? Thanks!

Matt's Answer:

It's an actual pre-finished hardwood. The brand name was show on the box in that episode and the company to contact is "D'Lux Hardwood Floors" in Portland and they would know the name. As for the paint, it's Benjamin Moore and it's Blood Red.

Matt

My wife just mentioned that she's noticed a Faith Bible Falcons bus outside of our house a couple of times this week, which would indicate to us some sort of sporting event at Evelyn Schiffler Park in Beaverton (the park has very little parking- so quite often we find our view blocked by soccer parents cars). I was wondering if either the high school or grade school schedule (I know Jacob plays as well) shows any upcoming games at ES Park, as I'd love to take the daycare kids across the road to see a real soccer game.

Matt's Answer:

I don't know the kids game schedules and it would be a little difficult to publish that info anyway because well intentioned fans may show up and become disruptive to the kids when they are trying to do their thing. We just don't want to publicize such info.

Matt

Do you know if a transcript will become available of the radio chat on April 8 2007?

Matt's Answer:

I do 2-3 radio sets here a day. So I have no capacity to remember which show you are talking about or what radio station. LOL Your best bet would probably be to contact the specific radio show. They may be able to help you better since I don't really collect transcripts of the shows I'm on. Sorry.

Matt

I have lupus and it causes chronic pain. watching Matt's family live there lives helps me take on my own problems. i want to know if they also live with pain and if so how do you do it?

Matt's Answer:

I have some pain from time to time and I take Advil every night before going to bed. I try to stay away from anything stronger. But every once in a while I do have some pain from driving the farm equipment and working on the farm and I do come in very sore. But I try to just relax, take the Advil and drinks lots of water.

Matt

I live about 20 minutes from down town Philadelphia. Was wondering if this would be an interesting place for you to visit?

Matt's Answer:

Yeah! Philly is a great place to visit with all of the history. I've been to the Liberty Bell a couple of different times and some of the other historical sites. But one of these days we might make a family vacation to the East Coast and we would certainly stop in Philly. But we don't have any plans at the moment.

Matt

I am in the pre-production phase of creating a documentary about little people. The basic premise of this documentary would be to document the lives of little people both who have achieved celebrity status and some who have not and putting it out there. I do believe that people are ignorant to little people and are very judgemental and I was looking to show that, in hopes that this would educate them a little bit. Please let me know if this is something that you would like to do? Or how we could talk about it?

Matt's Answer:

Maybe after the craziness of the show dies down we would have more time to work on something like that. But as of right now with our busy schedules, sadly we don't.

Matt

Have you been back to the drag strip to dial your car in to where you want it yet? We watched the episode Monday night and really enjoyed it, my son (the big VW fan in the house) how ever was upset because we didn't let him stay up to watch he will have to catch the repeat. He also wants to know if he can have a pic of your car for his collection.

Matt's Answer:

That VW is being completely rebuilt so it can go faster, be stronger and better and will hopefully be done in a couple of weeks. I'm sure it will be featured on an upcoming show but as of right now that car is in a million pieces. LOL But it's getting a new engine, transmission, everything! And it's a different car than what it was when you first saw it on the show. But stay tuned and I'm sure you will see it again.

Matt

Matt's such a go~getter. I can't ever picture him not on the go. In the event that he does have some downtime, I'm curious how he spends it. Would you ask him how he likes to relax? (And tell him HI from tapannabanana!)

Matt's Answer:

My relaxing is usually by getting on or working on the tractor, mowing the lawn, and every now and then I'll go fishing. But those are pretty much the ways I relax.

Matt

Matt, will you and the family be coming to Illinois anytime in the near future?

Matt's Answer:

No plans to come at the moment.

Matt

Just a quick question. I like what's offered...but will you ever offer long sleeve items? Hoodies, or long sleeve t-shirts?

Matt's Answer:

That's a good suggestion and I will contact the person who makes those clothes and let them know there's been requests for long sleeved shirts.

Matt

How does being smaller than other people effect you or is it not a big deal?

Matt's Answer:

Well for me it's not a big deal because I've been smaller all my life so I don't know any different. So to me it's definitely not a big deal.

Matt

I was curious if you were still looking into putting the DAS Kit into retail stores?

Matt's Answer:

We are trying to concentrate on, you know, restaurants, libraries, airports and other places like that. But retail stores isn't real high on our list right now.

Matt

Do you ever answer your email personally?

Matt's Answer:

I used to be a fanatic about answering all my emails but now I hardly have any time to spend on email. Ya know with taping the show, running Direct Access, trying to keep the farm going I have very little time for email. If I were to answer every piece of email I get it would literally become a full-time job. It would be a 12 hour a day, 7 day a week job.

Matt

Did Trimet ever get a hold of you folks after my LTE in the Oregonian in November?

Matt's Answer:

Not that I know of. Our problem with the pumpkin patch is NOT parking. Parking is the LEAST of our worries. I'll say that again, parking is the LEAST of our worries when it comes to the pumpkin patch.

Matt

I have a 16 year old son (a little person) that is preparing for his learner's permit. So, that means that I am going to have to invest in some pedal extenders. I was wondering if you are anyone could give me some pros and cons regarding them. I am looking at either Easy Riders or KOMO. Do you or anyone have any experience with them (good or bad). I know on a recent episode of LPBW, you brought out a set of Easy Rider extension pedals. I'm really looking for something that is easy to install and remove while Dillon (my son) is learning to drive. Thanks in advance for any input anyone might have regarding this.

Matt's Answer:

I have pedals from both of those companies and they are both great pedals! No complaints about either.

Matt

I heard Matt was speaking a Marquette University in Milwaukee, I was just wondering when and if it was open to the public and if yes info on getting tickets.

Matt's Answer:

As of right now that doesn't sound familiar to me. I'd have to check my schedule to find out for sure. But that doesn't sound familiar.

Matt

Are you seriously thinking of doing a tree farm or was that just a floating thought ??????

Matt's Answer:

I am serious about doing the tree farm. I'm working on that today as a matter of fact.

Matt

Can u show molly on the show more cuz shes soo cute and shes the cutest girl i've ever seen.

Matt's Answer:

Yeah Molly is a little shy about the show and likes to fly under the radar. She gets as involved in the show as SHE wants. But there are some upcoming episodes where her and I go off and spend some time together. So, you'll see more of her in some upcoming episodes.

Matt

How do the boys react to the fan girls that seem obsessed over them? I've seen some posts on another forum from this girl who talks about pausing to watch Jeremy sleep and how the show should only be about him. (Some of you know who she is.) I just wondered...who do the kids react to the crazy, obsessed fans?

Matt's Answer:

I think they pretty much ignore the "crazy" fans. There has been something going around recently where someone said they were emailed by Zachary and it was NOT Zachary. Someone forwarded it to me and I asked Zach if he wrote it and he said he did NOT. It's bizarre how some folks are out there. And I think that our kids do a really good job of ignoring it all. They're not tuned in to how many people are emailing them. They don't spend much time worrying about what other people think or what they are doing. They just go about their life and are doing their own thing.

Matt

Do we make you laugh at some of our posts? Although not all threads are as productive as you would like, but I bet we make you smile.

Matt's Answer:

LOL No doubt about it! I laugh at a lot of them. Well, more like a chuckle. But I enjoy them and wish I had more time to read them all but there are just too many. But I try to get on every couple of days and scan them and if I have time I might try to reply if I find the time. But I definitely get a kick out of them.

I enjoy reading the positive AND the negative. I chuckle at the people who don't understand something. Some people say things that are right. That is true. Like we do keep a messy house. But at the same time the messy house thing is probably one of my favorite things that I laugh about because I think "boy, whomever is complaining must have a perfect house." There is only so much time in a day that you can spend on things and we spend our time EXACTLY how WE want to. If they spend their time cleaning then that's good for them. But that wouldn't enable us to do the things in our life that we want to get accomplished.

Matt

Whatever Happened To Your Tower of Terror? I read about it in a couple of old articles. Do you still have it? Also, what happened to the llamas you used to have? Are the disappearance of the two somehow connected?

Matt's Answer:

They were actually Al Pacas and we traded them in several years ago for beach sand to make Molly's volley ball pit. As for the Tower Of Terror, we've been working on that and have made a little headway. Hopefully we'll have it done here in a short time.

Matt

What kind of music do you and Amy and the kids like?

Matt's Answer:

Well, we listen to a fair amount of Country. Like Alabama. And we listen to Classic Rock like the Eagles.

Matt
Old 05-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

So, how do you like all the questions all listed into one thread? Matt thought it would make things easier for people to just read them all in one thread. Of course it takes a little more time to do but it's no biggy. As long as I have the time. LOL

Anyway, I think it works out pretty good. Plus I guess we can talk about the Q&A's in each thread too.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
seebert

It's definately easier to read....too bad about my question though, but I guess that's what I get for a letter printed when most people were out of town (it was printed on Thanksgiving Thursday!).
Old 05-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
GrayC

I wish I had read this before I clicked through all the answers below.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:41 PM   #5
mattlover87
Banned

Yeahh..My Q got answered although he isn't coming to Illinois anytime soon
Ah well, thanks for asking him buddy!!

oh and I love Matt's response to the "do we make you laugh" thread. I love what he said about how people who talk about their house must have a perfect house.HA, they wish huh! ...So true Matt and AMEN!!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
killene

Thanks Spirit Youre doing an awesome job....I know what you did wasnt easy...
Keep up the great work.
There are no Broken Dreams just new Dreams!!!
Find your dreams through the Lord!!!
If You Stop Dreaming You Stop Living!!!
Dream with the Lord and He will answer!!!

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9
Old 05-14-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
kaliskanny

Send a message via AIM to kaliskanny

Awsome job, DS
Old 05-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #8
bballnumbers

DS this was a great idea to put all the questions and answers in one place, that way you are right we can comment on them and still lock the answered ones so we could see if ours is answered. Glad Matt is so fan friendly.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #9
Mrs.Sawyer

wow, this was a lot of work for you both! Awesome! Thanks for your time
Old 05-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #10
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Not a prob everyone. I'm more than happy to do it.

ML, I like his answer to that one too. He cracked up as soon as I started reading the question to him. LOL
Closed Thread