Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Not Happy With The Show And/Or The Roloff's » Can't we please stop with the divorce talk??

Old 01-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #31
GrayC

Amy has handled the finances in the past and Matt took it over. I think Matt has done very well. He has his money in many different investments. He knows how to barter and deal. I seriously don't think he is going to do anything to lose all his money.

GrayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #32
cclngthr

Send a message via AIM to cclngthr

The way he spends it, it looks like once TLC stops production of the show, the income will be more difficult to get, especially in this economy. Bartering and dealing is one thing, but that can make it very lean as well.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #33
GrayC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclngthr View Post
The way he spends it, it looks like once TLC stops production of the show, the income will be more difficult to get, especially in this economy. Bartering and dealing is one thing, but that can make it very lean as well.
I think Matt dabbles in real estate too. He has the pumpkin business, corperate parties at the farm, speaking engagements, DAS, residuals from the show, books, and dvds, and I think he wants to stay active in TV but behind the scenes.

Last edited by GrayC; 01-01-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #34
aok351

I think Matt is fully aware that he may not be able to drive and do many other things for much longer (hopefully he will still be able to do these things for many years.)
So if he can afford it, get the car(s) he's always wanted.
Let him enjoy things like this while he can.
aok351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #35
GrayC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aok351 View Post
I think Matt is fully aware that he may not be able to drive and do many other things for much longer (hopefully he will still be able to do these things for many years.)
So if he can afford it, get the car(s) he's always wanted.
Let him enjoy things like this while he can.
Yep. I thought of that with his shoulder hurting and arm numb he may not want to drive much anymore. I would have no problem hiring a chauffeur myself. Actually I'm availabe Matt. I heard Matt tips really well.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #36
cclngthr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayC View Post
I think Matt dabbles in real estate too. He has the pumpkin business, corperate parties at the farm, speaking engagements, DAS, residuals from the show, books, and dvds, and I think he wants to stay active in TV but behind the scenes.
Sooner or later that will start to slow down and likely stop. I don't see the pumpkin business being as large once the show does end, and planning for that should be considered.

Quote:
I see him driving for a long time. He may have to get rid of the Ford SUV and get a modified van, steering a car should not be hard with stiff shoulders. There are vans that have a modified drivers seat that moves back far enough to transfer from a wheelchair. Due to the advanced airbag systems in cars now, having a wheelchair in the drivers seat position is impossible due to the sensors in the seat and on the seat track (the computer knows where the seat is positioned as well as the person's weight as well as the steering wheel position); if those sensors are missing or not hooked up, it sets a code in the ECU.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #37
GrayC

Old 01-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #38
aok351

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclngthr View Post
I see him driving for a long time. He may have to get rid of the Ford SUV and get a modified van, steering a car should not be hard with stiff shoulders. There are vans that have a modified drivers seat that moves back far enough to transfer from a wheelchair. Due to the advanced airbag systems in cars now, having a wheelchair in the drivers seat position is impossible due to the sensors in the seat and on the seat track (the computer knows where the seat is positioned as well as the person's weight as well as the steering wheel position); if those sensors are missing or not hooked up, it sets a code in the ECU.
I hope you are right. And I know you know far more about mobility issues then most. But I know anytime that you are dealing with back/spine issues and surgeries, you are one slip away from possible permanent paralysis.
Hopefully that will never be the case, but no doubt a possibility Matt is weighing in his mind.
aok351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:02 AM   #39
DOTLEMASTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by aok351 View Post
I hope you are right. And I know you know far more about mobility issues then most. But I know anytime that you are dealing with back/spine issues and surgeries, you are one slip away from possible permanent paralysis.
Hopefully that will never be the case, but no doubt a possibility Matt is weighing in his mind.
What I can't understand, if it is so painful for Matt to use his crutches why not go to a wheelchair all the time? It looks so painful to watch him now. I admire him for not giving up but I just hate to see him hurting.
DOTLEMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #40
cclngthr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTLEMASTER View Post
What I can't understand, if it is so painful for Matt to use his crutches why not go to a wheelchair all the time? It looks so painful to watch him now. I admire him for not giving up but I just hate to see him hurting.
He may not want to be dependent on a chair just yet, or think the chair would lose his ability to move around independently. The problem there is continual use of crutches will continue the damaging of the shoulder and wrist joints. My wrists at this point go numb within 10 minutes of continual walking, which I'm putting downward pressure which causes the numbness. The power wheelchair solves that. However the chair is limited to what I can do with it.

Quote:
My spine was totally (front and back) fused in 1981. As far as paralysis, that should not happen because of the fusion. Matt on the other hand has not had that done and when discs degrade, the spinal chord will collapse and be crushed. I think Matt is aware of that, but he might not be aware of what he could do after the fusion. He should be able to do things easier after the surgery.