Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Not Happy With The Show And/Or The Roloff's » Can't we please stop with the divorce talk??

Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #41
DOTLEMASTER

I thought I had it bad with four back surgeries. I'll never complain again. cclngthr, you have been through it. My heart goes out to you.
DOTLEMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #42
cclngthr

Send a message via AIM to cclngthr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTLEMASTER View Post
I thought I had it bad with four back surgeries. I'll never complain again. cclngthr, you have been through it. My heart goes out to you.
I had 3 back surgeries, 2 to correct scoliosis, which my spine was at a 45 degree angle. The 3rd was to clean out a severe staph infection, which was right below the fusion I had earlier.

My only complaint is when it is cold, I freeze. With the harrington rod and steel cable and screws holding my spine erect, it gets cold.

I haven't been paying that much attention to the floor, but wheelchairs do better with hardwood or laminate flooring. When I first got my power chair, I had carpeting and it was wore out within a year. I installed hardwood laminate flooring in my house and it made it much easier to get around the house.

I think Matt should do better after the spinal surgery. He also might need shoulder surgery later on as well.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #43
bethannf

Default How involved is Amy?

One thing that may be contributing to the problems in the marriage as far how unhappy Amy is, is that I don't see her being very involved in the day to day running of the farm and other operations. She does a fair amount of criticizing about things but doesn't seem to have the ambition or drive to be involved. I have a hard time with this as I am a very involved person in all aspects of our family life. If Matt were my husband and had his hand in all these things I'd be right there working along side of him, that would give me a bigger say in how the money was being used too. I know Amy does a lot of speaking engagements and maybe another job too, but that too is hard for me to relate to. I think the reason my husband and I have such a good relationship is that I take a vested interest in everything he does and I know he appreciates that. If Matt were my husband there would be zero need for an assistant because I would be his right hand man, I don't know how Amy can stand to have another woman in there directing things, that would make me nuts, LOL!

I know lots of couples thrive on the "separate" livestyle type of marriage but it would not work for me and I don't really see it working here.

On a side note I agree Matt should have his spinal surgery and get it over with, it might make him feel a lot better and maybe Amy would even take care of him! LOL

Beth
bethannf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #44
SCRAMBLEDMIND

BETH, or MOLLY.........but fusion is not always the answer......i am about 6 mos from a chair...manual or motor.......my husband would prefer a regular wheel chair......we can not afford rigging the van for a "motor".......but i would perfer a "motor" so i wouldn't be so depended on an other !.........cc
Old 01-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #45
cclngthr

Send a message via AIM to cclngthr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAMBLEDMIND View Post
BETH, or MOLLY.........but fusion is not always the answer......i am about 6 mos from a chair...manual or motor.......my husband would prefer a regular wheel chair......we can not afford rigging the van for a "motor".......but i would perfer a "motor" so i wouldn't be so depended on an other !.........cc
To rig a van for a power chair can cost upwards to $7,500 to $15,000 depending on the van. Minivans like the Dodge Caravan require a lot more work because you have to cut out the floor to lower it and raise the entire vehicle up 4 inches. A full size van is cheaper to modify.

I don't like vans that well, I now drive a Mazda 3. I can fit my power chair in the back of the MZ3 and still leave the rear seat up.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #46
ScottPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by aok351 View Post
I think Matt is fully aware that he may not be able to drive and do many other things for much longer (hopefully he will still be able to do these things for many years.)
So if he can afford it, get the car(s) he's always wanted.
Let him enjoy things like this while he can.
It may be a guy thing but I was thinking the same thing. I can empathize with Matt I am about three years older than he is. I do not have the physical challenges he endures but on occasion i feel a twinge of arthritis. I can understand him wanting to do things that perhaps he might not be able to later on. I agree if he can afford it then he should. Now, getting Amy to see this might be a different story. I can also understand her seeing it from her do we really need it approach.
ScottPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #47
aok351

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPaul View Post
It may be a guy thing but I was thinking the same thing. I can empathize with Matt I am about three years older than he is. I do not have the physical challenges he endures but on occasion i feel a twinge of arthritis. I can understand him wanting to do things that perhaps he might not be able to later on. I agree if he can afford it then he should. Now, getting Amy to see this might be a different story. I can also understand her seeing it from her do we really need it approach.
Yes, Amy may have different thoughts about it!
aok351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #48
tommyart47

Default Divorce

I was angry at you Matt, that you brought tears to Amy's face. You will never know what you have until you lose it.I watched your shows since you started on TV to share your family experiences and the last few shows where you started to become a control freak.

Marriage is a two way street and in your case lately,it has become a oneway street.I seen families torn apart by divorces. It's not a pritty site. My wife and I have been married for 43 years now and she is not just my wife and the mother of my 4 children, She is my best friend and friends don't make friends cry.

Amy! My wife is a little person but like you she has a big heart full of love for her family and everyone, when things get rough, although it may seem hard at times, Remember! there is a loving and caring God out there who loves you and all of us. I pray that things will work out for the good for you and Matt. Keep the faith and May God Bless you and the children.
Jesus loves you to Matt and remember, one day, you like me and everyone else, will be judged by the Lord . What excuse will you give Him?

Last edited by tommyart47; 05-16-2010 at 04:03 AM.
tommyart47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:10 AM   #49
cutefamily

cutefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:43 AM   #50
DOTLEMASTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyart47 View Post
I was angry at you Matt, that you brought tears to Amy's face. You will never know what you have until you lose it.I watched your shows since you started on TV to share your family experiences and the last few shows where you started to become a control freak.

Marriage is a two way street and in your case lately,it has become a oneway street.I seen families torn apart by divorces. It's not a pritty site. My wife and I have been married for 43 years now and she is not just my wife and the mother of my 4 children, She is my best friend and friends don't make friends cry.

Amy! My wife is a little person but like you she has a big heart full of love for her family and everyone, when things get rough, although it may seem hard at times, Remember! there is a loving and caring God out there who loves you and all of us. I pray that things will work out for the good for you and Matt. Keep the faith and May God Bless you and the children.
Jesus loves you to Matt and remember, one day, you like me and everyone else, will be judged by the Lord . What excuse will you give Him?
DOTLEMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote