Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Ask matt » Matt Answers Your Questions Part 10 (5/12/10)

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Default Matt Answers Your Questions Part 10 (5/12/10)

1. Have you ever thought of having a St. Baldricks event on your farm?

Matt's Answer:

Not sure what that is?

Matt

2. Have you ever considered a small train that could take people around your farm?

Matt's Answer:

Yes. Weíre always looking at those ride-on trains. They're very complex to install and maintain so Iím being very cautious (I know they only show my wild side on LPBW lol) about getting in over my head on something I know very little about. But I'm getting smarter about these trains everyday. So, who knows what will happen in the future.

Matt

3. Did they ever find out who vandalized your sign?

Matt's Answer:

Not yet. But Itís an open and active case.

Matt

4. How did you feel when you heard that Zach and Jacob got into an air gun/BB gun fight and Jacob got shot in the face?

Matt's Answer:

Not happy about that at all. We saw that in our screening and were not happy but didn't have any justification to kill those scenes so you got to see something raw even though we didnít necessarily like what we saw. And the kids got an earful as well.

Matt

5. How do you feel that certain bloggers DVR your show and then take stills from the recordings of new episodes and post them on their blog? Is that legal?

Matt's Answer:

I donít know those legalities. TLC owns the content so they would be the ones to manage that. I don't care for it when people steal my personal photos off my website etc. But, it's just the way it is so I don't worry about it.

Matt

6. Cutefamily asks......Hey Matt, did you ever find out who burned the coffee table upstairs in your media room? I am pointing the finger at Levi aka: (the light bulb buster) and not Jacob by the way.

Matt's Answer:

We never did get an definitive answer on that. Itís one of those still ďunsolved mysteriesĒ at Roloff FarmÖ..we have many.

Matt

7. I think a lot of viewers see your kids as leading a very charmed life, i.e., private school, no real "regular" jobs or responsibilities, going on several vacations each year. Many viewers think your kids have grown up with no real work ethic. Would you say this is accurate?

Matt's Answer:

I would say they are better than some and worse than others. I didn't always have a good work ethic. Then I would get passionate about something like my software, or later in life, the farm and nothing could stop me. I think my kids have a lot of talent and ability that hasn't come to light quite yet. Yes they are enjoying the fruits of my labor to some degree but it will all work out Iím sure. Jeremy and Zach are already doing more and more around the farm. Zach has a near full time job and Molly is totally running the on-line family store on her own. By most standards, they're doing ok.

Matt

8. Have you ever thought about having a radio station do live broadcasting from your farm during a weekend of your pumpkin season?

Matt's Answer:

I canít say Iíve personally ever thought of that but I think Iíve heard that suggestion before?? Itís sounds like an interesting idea but the cost/benefit study has never been done to my knowledge. Weíre very stingy during pumpkin season on where we spend our time. This gives us the maximum benefit to greet/meet our guests.

Matt

9. Have you thought about having off site parking with a shuttle bus on the weekends to alleviate long car lines during Pumpkin Season?

Matt's Answer:

Yes. Many times. In fact every year we think about that. Problem is, the farm is relatively small. Right now we have the maximum parking in consideration of the size of the patch and other infrastructure facilities (i.e., potties, fire access etc.). Making more parking would just, well, possibly create more problems in far worse ways.

Matt

10. Are you going to prepare Jacob more than his brothers? Are you going to teach Jacob to be more savvy to public transportation? I found it humorous that 2 19 year olds didn't know how to ride a freakin' bus or freakiní train.

Matt's Answer:

I think that people learn various things at various times in their life. For example, Jeremy was welding at 10 yrs old. Some people learn to use phone books at a young age because thatís important to them. Others learn to drive sophisticated tractor equipment because that's their lifestyle. Our show is about pointing out our weaknesses as much as our strengths.

Matt

11. What are Zach and Jeremy majoring in, or have they not decided yet?

Matt's Answer:

Right now they are just taking General studies but are working to figure out their future focus.

Matt

12. Matt, how is your health? Are you still taking medication for diabetes? How's the spine? Do you need surgery? Are you using the oxygen at night? Are you eating more healthy these days?

Matt's Answer:

My health is pretty good right now. My Diabetes is under control and my blood pressure is great. I'm doing some stretching therapy to help with my back and neck to keep me more limber.

Matt

13. Matt, some people are interested in why you and Amy don't seem to wear wedding rings anymore. Do you?

Matt's Answer:

I never have worn a ring. It interferes with my crutches and is uncomfortable. Amy recently realized her Diamond was loose and just hasn't gotten to the jeweler to get it tightened. Our normal jeweler changed locations so she's been looking for someone she trusts to fix it. I'll have to bug her about that. Geez, it's been over 6 months.

Matt
Old 05-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

14. How is it dating during the teenage years as a little person? Do you think that being a little person makes it harder to date?

Matt's Answer:

I think so in general. But we have the Little People get togethers then it's easy to find a date.

Matt

15. When the show ends what will happen to this forum? Several of us have been around since almost the beginning and have made some really good friends here.

Matt's Answer:

I can’t imagine ever having a reason to stop this forum so long as it's still useful to those that enjoy it.

Matt

16. So I'm assuming doing the LPBW show has been a positive experience overall. But, have there been days when you had second thoughts about the exposure it has brought you? Have some members of the family, at times, voiced their displeasure with being involved with it?

Matt's Answer:

Yes, there are days that I wonder why we continue to expose our life to so much scrutiny. But then I remember why we decided to do this in the first place and I think about how the benefits far out way the grief. It seems like we all take turns within the family saying "Errrrrr" about something going on that is related to the show.

Matt

17. It seemed in the beginning you would always defend Amy when people complained about her house keeping, or lack there of, for example. But now the tides seemed to have turned and people are picking on you instead. So, why doesn't she come to your defense as you've done for her in the past?

Matt's Answer:

It does disappoint me sometimes that Amy is not as vocal (both on and off camera) as I tend to be but she is quick to defend the kids and that is what matters.

Matt

18. I saw you mention something on your Facebook about us not believing some of the things we see on the show, or something like that. What does that mean? Are you trying to say things are fake and/or made up?

Matt's Answer:

Everything is based on perspective. We use the word “stacked”, meaning from time to time scenes from a broad array of context and time are put together in a short span to tell a story. This ‘stacking’ of scenes can often lead to varying points of view. It is used in an effort to tell the story in the most efficient and dramatic fashion possible. It’s all "reality" but can be interrupted differently from the actual circumstances that might lead to different conclusions. I notice many fans are able to see a balanced perspective while some still struggle in one direction or another.

Many examples exist where everything is true and real but the overall tone is slightly off and possibly even misleading. For example – the little story about the locker room that I built for ‘the team”. I built that for more than just the team and that single use. Our 16 plus daily film crew, farm help, office staff and visitors all use these facilities as well. Up until that addition, they had all been sharing a very over used (yuck) little bathroom for several years. It was way past due that the farm has some type of restroom facility to handle our day to day needs.

Using the reason of the team (which is true that was a convenient reason to finally get it done) was a great way to throw me under the bus. LOL Stupid Matt! Isn’t he silly?? Oh, and don’t forget selfish!! This theme of story telling is truthful but doesn’t necessarily put everything into complete context where the viewer has a fair chance at rendering judgment. This is what I like so much about the TV show Marriage Ref. They make humor out of passing judgment with snippets and clips. I like to think Jerry Seinfeld got the idea for that show from our show. lol

Matt

19. I couldn’t help but notice that Amy is supporting the Shriner’s hospital in her annual charity golf event. I’ve read your book and was curious on how you feel about Shriner’s today.

Matt's Answer:

I don’t agree with Amy on that decision. Being in Shriner’s Hospital for as long as I was during my childhood was a deep, dark and very painful part of my history. At this time, that’s all I'm going to say.

Matt

20. How is Chance? Have you had any recent contact with him or his family? Will there be any more on him?

Matt's Answer:

I see him from time to time at the Little People functions. He seems to be doing great. Thanks for the reminder. I’m over due to give them a call.

Matt

21. With Amy doing more traveling lately, has she finally allowed a maid service to come and help with the house cleaning? I've noticed the house does look more organized since the home remodel.

Matt's Answer:

Yes. After the remodel Amy was traveling so much that I basically insisted we hire a house cleaner. Now I mange the housekeeping. Amy has said 'Hi' to the maid once or twice. lol

Matt

22. Have you ever day dreamed about how your life would have been different if you had not been born with dwarfism? Do you think you would have chosen a different career path or would have tried some sports/activities that your physical limitations have kept you from?

Matt's Answer:

I used to do that quite often when I was younger. Not so much anymore. I'm too busy just trying to be who I am.

Matt

23. Do you still have Dudley and the hens, and who collects the eggs and feeds them?

Matt's Answer:

Dudley and his hens were attacked by an unknown predator awhile back. We have a lot of coyotes in the area and assume that's what happened. Rocky was asleep in the house and didn't get there in time. We'll be getting more Chickens this year.

Matt

24. Exactly what sappy '80's songs do you like?

Matt's Answer:

All Commodores
Always And Forever
Bluer Than Blue
Please Come To Boston
Total Eclipse Of The Heart
Baby I'm-A Want You
I'm Not In Love

The list goes on and on.

Matt

25. Can you PLEASE allow Eric help you set it up so that the things you post on Facebook gets posted here on the forum too? Those of us who don't use FB would appreciate that. Thanks!

Matt's Answer:

I'll look into that for sure.

Matt

HELLO to all the people on Matt's Facebook who are stopping in to read the Q&A!!

Why don't ya create an account and join us?

We have lots of things to offer here such as a chat and off topic section that will become available to you once you join.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Lprdgecko

THank you Matt and DS!!!!!

All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired.
-Martin Luther

TTU Class of 2013
Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
GrayC

Poor Dudley and his girls.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Yeah I know! I was shocked to hear that too. Such a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayC View Post
Poor Dudley and his girls.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
GrayC

Matt always has good answers for our crazy questions.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
Sheri_T

Great Job DS...Thank You Matt.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
cutefamily

LOL Dare I say it looks like matt hauled through those Q& A's...usually he is more vocal in his explainations But I'll take it!

Thank you DS, Matt I'm still mad at you. You've become FB addicted

Old 05-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

I think for some of those questions he went on longer than usual. So, I guess it evens out.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
Mrs.Sawyer

Quote:
Always And Forever
Bluer Than Blue
Please Come To Boston

Baby I'm-A Want You
I'm Not In Love
ALL 70'S SONGS
PLUS most of the Commodores

feh on the 80's
Closed Thread