Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Talk about the Roloff Family and Farm » Matt & Amy on Rachael Ray 10/12/07

Old 10-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
cutefamily

Default Matt & Amy on Rachael Ray 10/12/07

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/s...e-big-world-2/

cutefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Riggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutefamily View Post
I wish there was at least a short clip with this one like the last time they were on, as I had missed this one.

Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
makswife
Banned

I saw the interview yesterday and I am worried. It scares me what I sense from my perspective happening with the family and the fame brought on by the money and the attention. Is that wrong to say? Seems like things have taken a shift somehow from the first season, or that is what my husband and I have noticed. I hope that I am wrong. But like I said, I am worried.
makswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
Mrs.Sawyer

I know what you mean, being on a somewhat hit show is bound to change people. I bet this is the last season it will be on. I hope so, anyway, they need a break to just BE.
Mrs.Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:38 PM   #5
Seneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by makswife View Post
I saw the interview yesterday and I am worried. It scares me what I sense from my perspective happening with the family and the fame brought on by the money and the attention. Is that wrong to say? Seems like things have taken a shift somehow from the first season, or that is what my husband and I have noticed. I hope that I am wrong. But like I said, I am worried.
What did they do or say that would make you think they've changed because of the fame?
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
summerville

I'm proud of Matt and the family for stating that they will not ignore the DUI on TV. It shows that he has integrity and that the show is genuine. I was always certain that Matt would do the right thing and deal with it honestly. I think Matt would have communicated more of the matter to his fans before now had TLC allowed him to.

I did not see that interview, so I wonder why people are saying that the family has changed. If they mean that the family's financial and material circumstances have changed due to the publicity and income from the show, then I would say "of course, what do you expect." These are not actors, but a real family. If you had a large increase in income, wouldn't you spend some of it improving your home and treating your family? I would. In fact, I would be suspicious of the reality of the show if Matt did NOT make changes to the farm, buy a new car, etc.

The show is about a real family, of real people, dealing with real life. The are generous enough to share with us life's fortunes and failures - "warts and all", as the saying goes
summerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
Mrs.Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerville View Post
I'm proud of Matt and the family for stating that they will not ignore the DUI on TV. It shows that he has integrity and that the show is genuine. I was always certain that Matt would do the right thing and deal with it honestly. I think Matt would have communicated more of the matter to his fans before now had TLC allowed him to.
Since Matt will allow it to be part of the show, I think TLC would be stupid to not include it.

If Matt is found guilty, it's a good learning/teaching episode.

If he's found to indeed be innocent of all charges, it will shut a lot of people up
Old 10-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
Riggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Sawyer View Post
I know what you mean, being on a somewhat hit show is bound to change people. I bet this is the last season it will be on. I hope so, anyway, they need a break to just BE.
As you say that sawyer, Matt could be continuing with this as he knows that alot of people out there care about him, and thats the reason why he is doing this for educational Periods. I don't think they film every month, as the crews probably stop every here and there to give them some time to themselves. Which I am sure that Eric and TLC will honor if they do continue.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #9
Mrs.Sawyer

They get breaks in filming, but not breaks from being "famous".

Best to let it die so their lives can be back to normal. I don't think the show has jumped the shark, but the shark moment might be coming up soon.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:33 PM   #10
Riggs

Even though I don't live in there area, I would still think that they have there Private Lives doing there own things, as some people might not even watch the show. I also bet that they are just normal people and they do hang out with friends and not be bothered alot.