Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Talk about the TV Show Little People Big World » Let's Talk About The Ending Of The Show, LPBW

Old 08-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #21
cutefamily

Matt joined us finally!!!!!!!!!

Hi matt! Through thick and thin!

cutefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #22
mattroloff
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayC View Post
So, What's happenin Matt?
Hi Gray- The wind down of the show has been being planned for over a year. Our family thought it was all over last November when our 6 year (5 season) contract expired. TLC felt like we had a number of loose ends to still tie up. (that's a long story in it's self that i'll tell one day as a chapter in a book.)

So after 5 months of discussions over last winter/spring we jointly decided with TLC to sign a new very short term contract (2 season) Thats not typical in the TV business. This contract gave TLC between min20 and max80 episodes over 2 seasons to wrap things and put a 'clean' finish on our series. Everyone, including TLC, was anxious to let the Roloff's go back to some sense of a 'normal' life. TLC was very kind and respectful and was able to wrap it up in just 20 episodes. We thank them for their efficiency these past several months.

While our family will miss the show and all the folks we were blessed to work with... We are very pleased with what was accomplished and are even more excited about returning to normal life at least for awhile. ...and working on new chapters of our lives. Other executive producers (outside TLC) are discussing projects with our lawyers that can be loosely defined as "spin-offs" ... but several of these projects will need to wait until our full contract (exclusion period) with TLC expires next April. At which time they have an option to extend for yet another season. But no one is expecting that to happen. TLC has asked us to participated in a few specials on TLC but the family is really excited about moving on so these opportunities will be evaluated and decided over time. LPBW took almost two years from the first pilot (that never aired and was taped for CBS) to finally getting on air with TLC. These things take time. Thank goodness they do because we all need a break. In the meantime- We will work on the projects that are specifically excluded from our current TLC contract. i.e. books, animation, hosting, specials, movie shorts, product endorsements.etc ..And of course Amy and I will remain active with our charities and speaking events... not to mention the farm. Thanks to you all for caring so much about our family. )
mattroloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #23
cutefamily

Matt is Caryn typing this?

You never stay this long with us lol! Or type that long!

WE all appreciate you giving us a behind the scene look into what happend with the fast exit of the show.
Thank you!

Old 08-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #24
mattroloff
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBWfan View Post
Is there any chance that this show may be picked up by another network? It seems that the network may have pulled the plug and not the Roloffs? Is that the vibe everyone else is getting?
No-- There is really NO chance of this happening and we wouldn't want it to. No more cameras in our house... At least not anytime soon. errrr.

Animation projects using Roloff family as the bases?? maybe. A completely different show where Jeremy, Zach and I host it... maybe?? Jer and Zach travel thing?? maybe? These are things being discussed and negotiated.

But not LPBW on a different network. If we wanted to do that we would have tried to continue with TLC ... The're' the very best network ever.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #25
Lprdgecko

I'm sad to see the show go, but I'm sure you are all ready for a (much needed) break. Jeremy & Zach are the same age as me and it's been fun seeing the things that they've been going through and how it compared to (well, mostly contrasted from ) what I was going through at the same time.

All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired.
-Martin Luther

TTU Class of 2013
Lprdgecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #26
mattroloff
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutefamily View Post
Matt is Caryn typing this?

You never stay this long with us lol! Or type that long!

WE all appreciate you giving us a behind the scene look into what happend with the fast exit of the show.
Thank you!
No I typed that myself -- Now i need a break. lol
Old 08-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #27
cutefamily

What's going to happen to the zebra chair in your home office

Old 08-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #28
GrayC

Thanks Matt. That clears up some speculation from your riddle like posts on facebook.

GrayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:02 PM   #29
LPBWfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattroloff View Post
No-- There is really NO chance of this happening and we wouldn't want it to. No more cameras in our house... At least not anytime soon. errrr.

Animation projects using Roloff family as the bases?? maybe. A completely different show where Jeremy, Zach and I host it... maybe?? Jer and Zach travel thing?? maybe? These are things being discussed and negotiated.

But not LPBW on a different network. If we wanted to do that we would have tried to continue with TLC ... The're' the very best network ever.
Thanks for answering Matt. I'm going to miss watching the show but I'm glad it ended on a good note. I'm sure it's hard to have cameras and the crew watching your every move all the time. Thank you to you and the rest of the family for sharing your life with all of us over the last few years. I will be sure to get the books when they are done. Take Care, Matt
LPBWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #30
mattroloff
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayC View Post
Thanks Matt. That clears up some speculation from your riddle like posts on facebook.
lol lol Yea-- I do those riddle posts sometimes just play with the heads of the crazy bloggers. ) Our office staff and producers use their silly speculation and obvious frustration as entrainment. lol

...and other times we just have contractual confidentiality obligations to "tease" episodes and projects but not disclose details.