Navigation » MattRoloff.com Forum > Little People Big World > Ask matt » Matt Answers Your Questions Part 3 (6/13/07)

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Default Matt Answers Your Questions Part 3 (6/13/07)

1. MATT, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I MAIL OUT MY BOOK LITTLE FAMILY BIG VALUES COULD YOU SIGN IT???? I WILL ENCLOSE A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE??? I HAVE YOUR FIRST BOOK SIGNED, WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS ONE ALSO SIGNED!!!!!

Answer:
** EDITED ON 6/14 TO ADD **

Hello Everyone:

Matt informed me that he has directed people to me through a question and answer session with Disruptive Spirit. Nice job with the answers by the way.

I would like to make one small change on this however. If you are interested in Matt and/or the Roloff's attending a speaking engagement, I will get the notice faster if you send your requests to; speakingengagements@mattroloff.com. You can actually access a link to this by clicking on "let's talk" and then clicking on "speaking engagements".

This will seperate specific requests from the 200 to 500 e-mails I receive every day.

Thanks to all of you out there. I hear it daily from the family how important each and every one of you are to them.

Becky

** EDITED ON 6/14 TO ADD **

Hello Again,

In an effort to save you some time, I am posting the address for those wonderful books you would like to have autographed. Please remember that when you send your book, you must also include a self addressed postage paid return envelope or package. Put a note with your book indicating if you want a general autograph, or a personal autograph with a specific name on it.

Matt Roloff
R6 Productions, Inc.
22115 NW Imbrie Dr.
Box 317
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Once we receive your book, it will be on its way back to you the day Matt sign’s it. Please remember that with his tight schedule, it may take up to two weeks before I see him in the office.

If you haven't had the opportunity to purchase "Against Tall Odds" here is the form to order it directly from us. http://www.mattroloff.com/images/rol...erform_004.pdf

If you haven't had the opportunity to purchase "Little Family Big Values", you can purchase that by clicking on the link below. http://www.mattroloff.com/shop.html

As always, Thank you for all your blessings and support of the Roloff Family.

Becky

2. My name is Todd Martin, I live in Salem, Oregon. I work for a local drag racing team(Capitol Auto Group Racing). 5 years ago we started a car show to help out kids in the community with health issues. Since then it has grown into the biggest annual car show in Salem. 2 years ago we helped out a 8yr old girl who had inoperable brain cancer and last year we help a infant that was born with short intestine complications preventing him from absorbing any of the nutrients from the food he ate. Although both of these children have now passed on we try to make there lives as good as possible while they are here. This year we decided to help out a young boy who needed a liver transplant, as horrible as it is he passed away waiting for his transplant, before we could help him. To keep the show going this year we needed to find another benefactor soon, we chose to help fight the Meth Epidemic. Did you know that 80% of Crime in Marion County is related to meth?

Did I mention that none of us organizers make a dime off this? That's right 100% of the money collected goes to the benefactor. Anyway I watch your show whenever I have the opportunity. I noticed recently that you came across a very sweet Little Red Bug. We would be honored to have your Bug at our car show. I would also like to talk to you in greater detail about the car show and possibly get a mailing address to send you a flier. I would leave you my phone number except I don't want the entire world to see it so I will leave you my E-mail address: Bookemdano01@aol.com

Thank you very much Matt

Matt's Answer:

Please send all info about the event to Becky@mattroloff.com. Becky will then look at the calendar to see if I am free around that time.

Matt

3. Hi Matt, I noticed your home on the show has window tinting. Here in the south we have solar screens, but not outdoor window tint. Is this for the sun coming in your windows, or is it because of all the lights on in your house for the camera filming, or is it for when you do special events (renting the farm out) and you don't want the people roaming the farm to see into your home for privacy? I think I've laid out all my idea's why it's there but, just wanted to know the real reason behind it.

Matt's Answer:

The real reason why the window tint is on is for the film crew. So that they can control the light.

Matt

4. Hey Matt, I'm not a big VW fan (more of a GM guy myself), but I was curious to know what you have under the hood of that bug and how much HP she packs.
I've done a little drag racing up myself at the North Shore challenge in Elliot Lake, ON

Matt's Answer:

2180 DC Volts wagon engine with borted heads and 48 webber (carb) with approx 200 HP. (Steel dear, if I got this info wrong again, you're on your own. LOL I tried! - DisrtuptiveSpirit)

Matt

5. Matt, You and your family are a real inspiration to me, thanks
how or what do you say to your family when life throws you a curve ball?

Matt's Answer:

Well, life is always throwing curves balls. And it's not the curve ball that matters but how you deal with it. Our family takes great pride in being resilient and dodging those curve balls, or catching the curve balls and throwing them back. I sometimes look forward to the curve balls because that's when life gets exciting. Sure it's challenging and it's not always fun. But, sometimes when you can persevere through those trials in life, the satisfaction outweighs the disappointments from the curve ball.

Matt

6. Just watched your show about the dirt problem (too much of it!) As a track operator of a non-profit BMX Track (Its the newest Olympic Sport! ) in Nor Cal, I know dirt is a shortage for us. It never seems to be in our budget. I know there is quite a few BMX Tracks in Oregon, ever thought of donating it there? Maybe even building your own track on the farm! I do love the idea of the Christmas Trees too!

Matt's Answer:

There's a lot of legal land use laws that would prevent us from building a BMX track on our farm. But it is something the kids expressed interest in. We just haven't had the time to look into it.

Matt

7. I would like to know if Matt & family would be interested in speaking with us about the World Championship Punkin Chunkin held the first weekend in November every year. I have seen their interest in launching pumpkins and would like to speak with them about it. We sanction Chunks all over the world and promote the event. We would love for them to see our event and I would like to send them videos of the previous years for them to watch. Please have someone email me at fshade@susexcountyde.gov.

Matt's Answer:

We recently hired an office manager to sort through the many requests our family gets to make appearances. Her name is Becky and her email address is: Becky@mattroloff.com. Please send all inquiries/information to her. She packages up all requests/info and whatnot and sits down with me once a week to present it all to me. I then pick all the things we are able to do according to my schedule.

Matt

8. Hi Matt, I just caught the most recent episode of LPBW. In it, you made yourself a nice looking burger. Can you please tell me what all you put on that delicious lookin' burger? Very interesting!

Matt's Answer:

Lots and lots of mustard, lots of relish, a little paprika, italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and sometimes a little low-sodium soy sauce.

Matt

9. How many PM do you get in a day or in a week?

Matt's Answer:

Let's put it this way, just a few short years ago, I was an avid email responder. And I would get a lot of them. Sometimes maybe 40 a day. Now, I sometimes get 500-600 a day and it's become impossible for me to even read them all. So now it's not uncommon for me to go a whole week and never even read my email. But I do have a staff that tries to read and sort through them all and pick out the critical things I need to see.

Matt

10. My family/friends want to know why Amy is so grouchy all the time. I don't know if Grouchy is right ...maybe she's just stern?Or cold? I feel sorry for you when she doesn't show any affection towards you or she seems to always be putting your ideas down.Is that just her TV personality? I know she has a lot to do but lots of mothers/wives have more responsibilities and they manage fine.It doesn't take much to give a kiss/hug or a kind word to a loved one.

We just want to see a softer side of Amy

Matt's Answer:

Don't feel sorry for me. I feel like I'm the luckiest man in the world! Certainly nobody is perfect. I'm not. Amy's not. I'm a very complex individual and it takes a very complex woman to keep me on my toes and to keep me interested. And Amy fills the bill perfectly! Don't be fooled by her TV personality.

Matt

11. Is there going to be a time period that the Family will not be on the farm during the pumpkin season.

I'm asking because some on the forum are trying to get a group together so we have a meet on your farm. Since some are coming from quite a ways I think most of them are looking to getting a glimpse of your family too.

Matt's Answer:

The first two weeks in October Amy and I will be traveling. But there will always be some family members around.

Matt

12. Are you at liberty to discuss whether you have/had siblings? Are they little people as well? Perhaps you've addressed this in the show, but I don't get to watch as often as I'd like. I'm a legal transcriptions in Oregon working on a case with a very pleasant attorney with the same last name. I've only spoken with him on the phone, but I'm wondering if you're related. I suppose I could ask him but don't want to breach any ethical boundaries.

Matt's Answer:

My brother Sam, who does live in Oregon, is a graphic artist. He's not an attorney. So, I don't believe we are related.

Matt

13. I was Curious as to how you all deal with Criticism as I know that there is quite a bit of that out there, I also wanted to ask how that Crisis Center is going?

Matt's Answer:

I love criticism in general. The Crisis Center is the one place that I've decided to make into a, more of a tongue in cheek place, to refuge from criticism. But in general, I've learned from criticism. And, if I'm not learning from it I'm getting a chuckle out of it. LOL Ya know, being entertained by it. It's interesting to read how people perceive you. Sometimes they are dead wrong and other times they are right and so I try to change my ways.

Matt

14. Matt I noticed on the show both you and Jeremy share the trait of being left handed. Do any other Roloff members have that trait passed down as well?

I hear it's a sign of intelligence
Myth says anyway~

Matt's Answer:

LOL Jeremy and I are the two who are the most creative in the family. But at the same time, we are also the two who struggle the most academically. Everyone in the Roloff family has their own unique sense of intelligence and I am quite confident that all of our kids will go on to do big and wonderful things with their lives regardless of how they are portrayed on the show.

Matt

15. Is there any chance TLC might pick up your parents to do any new shows in the future?? After all the show all started with them 45 years ago.

Matt's Answer:

I am quite sure they have entertained the idea before. But it takes a lot to make a show. You have to have a lot of characters. In our case we have six of them plus the extended family. Not any one character in our family could sustain an entire show on our own. Ya know? But TLC has joked around a little bit about doing a spin on Jeremy and Zach after they have moved out of the house.

Matt

16. Matt, I really enjoy watching your projects progress.

How important is it really to complete a large type project? I don't know about you, but I enjoy taking a project to the point when I run out of "fun" then stop. Any problems to that theory?

Matt's Answer:

I don't have a problem with that theory. I think it's healthy for your own psyche if you complete more than you don't complete. If you start a project and you don't complete it and that's ok by YOU then that's ok and you shouldn't feel ashamed. But it's far better to have started a project and not complete it than to never have started the project at all.

Matt

17. Hi Matt, I love this show and I love your family. I'd like to know why Amy always has to ask you for money?

Matt's Answer:

All of the accounts Amy has access to. She even has a personal account of her own that I won't/don't touch. Amy makes her own money plus I also deposit money into her own account. Sometimes she just spends or goes beyond the money she has in her account and needs more. In those instances when you see her asking for money, she's doing so more as a courtesy to me rather than her actually "needing" to ask me. She doesn't have to ask me at all. She could very easily just go into any of our joint accounts, take money, and deposit it into her own. But, she doesn't. She just asks/mentions it to me as a courtesy. We both live on a budget and there are times expenses reach beyond the budget and it's those times that she may come to me to ask me for it.

Matt

18. Has Molly's castle been finished yet? I was also curious if you are still looking for a helicopter that you actually flew to the farm last year.

Matt's Answer:

I love helicopters but I don't think I'll ever actually own one. And no, Molly's castle is not finished but it's getting closer and closer all the time.

Matt

19. Are you a cat or dog person? Purrsonally, I'm a cat person.
How many pets does your family have?

Matt's Answer:

I'm a dog person. We have the rooster and 5 hens. Spike, the cat. And Rocky, our dog.

Matt

20. By the way, what is the general life span of a little person? I provide free services to 60+ seniors. My question is: Are there any services that can be provided to senior little people? Growing old is often associated with many needing handrails, grabbars, elevated toilet seats, etc. What items would be most needed by little people as they grow older? I am in Dallas, Texas. If you have any information or contacts here, I would be happy to contact them.

Matt's Answer:

Your best course of information would be to go to www.lpaonline.org. As far as I know little people typically have an average life span. However, because there are medical complications, that could shorten someone's life.

Matt
Old 06-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

We weren't able to get done the entire list of questions I had lined up because Matt was in the car and they were driving over/through a canyon that was 1500 feet high and Matt was freaking out due to the height. LMAO! That, and we weren't getting good reception after a while. So, the other half of the questions will be posted when I hear from him again.

Providing Matt wasn't too traumatized by the canyon! LMAO!!!!!! Thanks for giving us your time Matt (and family)! We all appreciate it.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
Steelguy

No worries DS, you nailed it this time, lol

Thanks again.

And thanks Matt for taking the time to answer my question!

"Since then, there's something about the roar of glass-packs that just send chills through me like a first kiss." KimRenee2
Old 06-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Phew! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelguy
No worries DS, you nailed it this time, lol

Thanks again.

And thanks Matt for taking the time to answer my question!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
cutefamily

DS!!! Woohoo Great job!!! I am so proud of you!! And please please Thank Matt for taking the time to answer these for us!!

Also DS Thank You so much for your time!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
Billboard

Wow, you can write a book! That took me a long time for me to scoll through and read it.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #7
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Oh yw!

Proud of me for what? Getting Steel's question right? LOL

But serioulsy, it's not a problem. Thanks for the kind words!

I'll be sure I thank Matt the next time we talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutefamily
DS!!! Woohoo Great job!!! I am so proud of you!! And please please Thank Matt for taking the time to answer these for us!!

Also DS Thank You so much for your time!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
xsandlapper

Send a message via AIM to xsandlapper

Old 06-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #9
cutefamily

I'm proud of you for getting Matt tied down long enough to answer all these!! He is on the run!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #10
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

This is why we decided it woud be better to answer the questions and stuff by phone. At least that way I get him directly. And, he can do it from anywhere (airport, car, etc.) as long as he's not busy at the time (in a meeting, filming, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutefamily
I'm proud of you for getting Matt tied down long enough to answer all these!! He is on the run!
Closed Thread