Old 11-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #21
KwaiChangCaine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by olicat45 View Post
I post over there sometimes but its usually in defense or to just laugh at them...
Whom may I ask, is it that you are defending?

KwaiChangCaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #22
Amy In Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoloffFan28 View Post
You guys need to lighten up just a bit on the family. They're a normal American family like alot of other normal American families. I don't believe that they're teaching their children any more wrong than any other families would. They need to have a different approach because if every family was exactly the same, this world would be so boring......so just try and lighten it up a bit please. I watch this show and I love it and I don't like hearing about how they teach their children vs what you would do or whatever.....How would you like the entire world telling you what to do through a forum board? Think about that for a second okay?
I have to agree here. (I don't know about this site, haven't checked out much of it yet), but on the TLC one I couldn't believe how critical they were. The Roloff family life reminds me so much of mine. I have 4 kids (around their ages) and sometimes like is chaotic. My kids can be disrespectful, I may not handle things "right" in the eyes of others, some days I wonder if one of them won't kill the others off before bed time. I think the show airs most of that because it's good tv. Ratings rule! I just wonder how their lives would hold up under a microscope (and editors)?
Amy In Nebraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #23
Sheri_T

I'm glad mine isn't under a microscope. WHEW!! That leave at least one bed open in the psych ward. hehehe
Sheri_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #24
characatureofmyself

Quote:
Originally Posted by aok351 View Post
Hey what about me?

Wow! That dog looks like my little "ratdog"!

We call her a ferocious cujo beast! eventhough she weighs about 10lbs soaking wet and Ic ould probably drop kick her over the back fence!

(and before you call PETA on me I love my little cujo/ratdog and would never harm her!)
characatureofmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #25
Caliope

I for one love that the Roloff family are not perfect, tell me honestly if you would want to watch a "perfect family" ? It makes me think my family is a normal family when I see the exact same things played out there! Sure tempers may rise for different reasons but the reality is how the situation is handled is what really counts not the cause.

I am amazed at some of the things people criticise the Roloffs for yet if they were a "perfect family" who never argued and responded perfectly to every situation, how many would keep watching, how many would criticise them for "being too perfect"? People would then accuse them of playing it up for the camera!

Ok Matt may not go to many of the kids sporting activities but so what, he certainly shows enough interest in how they got on at a game and supports them in other ways. Not everyone is into sports, I know I am not and yet I encouraged my kids to play, spent time asking about their games and supported them when it really counted like at finals ect. but I didn't attend games except for special ones as I am just not into it and my kids appreciated the effort I put in taking them to and from games and attending the ones they deemed important.
Caliope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #26
DisruptiveSpirit
Administrator

Of course they aren't perfect which is why I like them. They come across as the average every day family that "I" can relate to.
DisruptiveSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #27
shorty87

Send a message via AIM to shorty87 Send a message via Yahoo to shorty87
Smile

Quote:
You guys need to lighten up just a bit on the family. They're a normal American family like alot of other normal American families. I don't believe that they're teaching their children any more wrong than any other families would. They need to have a different approach because if every family was exactly the same, this world would be so boring......so just try and lighten it up a bit please. I watch this show and I love it and I don't like hearing about how they teach their children vs what you would do or whatever.....How would you like the entire world telling you what to do through a forum board? Think about that for a second okay?
i agree with you 100%. i love the roloff's. matt & amy are the greatest in everyway
shorty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #28
RoloffsRMyKindaPeople

Quote:
.How would you like the entire world telling you what to do through a forum board? Think about that for a second okay?
I wouldn't. Which is why I haven't volunteered to be on a reality show.
RoloffsRMyKindaPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #29
Mrs.Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoloffsRMyKindaPeople View Post
I wouldn't. Which is why I haven't volunteered to be on a reality show.
and we are eternally grateful!
Mrs.Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:46 AM   #30
LPBWfan08

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelguy View Post
This is the most Roloff friendly forum on the net J. The majority of posters here are very respectful. I, and everyone else here, have a right to post any opinion they choose, so long as it is done in a respectful manner. Just because we don't always agree with everything they do doesn't make us disrepectful.

Think about that for a minute.

Bump
LPBWfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote